cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Excel as viewer in BW 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Please I tried to run RRMX to display the Bex analyser but the tool menu did not come up. I could use this trasaction code in the past.However, the error prompt me to install the excel viewer. Can anyone help ... Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekene,

While we install SAPGUI we get some options, we need to choose BW and inside that we need to select the Buisness explorer options.

RRMX picks the details from here.

Additionally we should have the Excell installed as the RRMX picks the details and put it in the excell for display.

Excell can be installed through MS Office on to your desktop or the server.

Reward with suitable points for encouragement and keep getting the help!!1

Mantosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mantosh -

Thank you for your feedback. However, I have Excel already installed. Before now I could run RRMX but now the excel comes up without Bex analyser tool that allows one access to making queries.I just want to know if there is any configuration one needs to do to activate the excel viewer in BW 3.5.

Can some one still help..THank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekene

I also have the same issue.After we upgraded the SAP GUI to 710 ( Stack 11,ABAP 12) we are not able to invoke BEx analyzer through TCODE RRMX. We get an error message 'Please Install Excel as Viewer - BRAIN 871'.

I followed the instructions as mentioned in OSS#160995, still the issue was not resolved.

Are you getting the same error message or different one.

If you come to know the solution please let me know, I will assign full points to you.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help, I'm having an issue when we run RRMX, Excel starts loading and then disappears. We're using Excel 2007. Is this the same issue you're experiencing? We aren't getting any errors that I can see, Excel just never successfully loads on the RRMX transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i had the same problem with Excell 2007. Use Excell 2003 or Excell XP. Wait for new patches if u want to use Excell 2007.

enginimaldb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have this problem too. while starting rrmx from easy acces (nw2004s) i become the fail message "please install excel as viewer". Is anybody here, who have solved this problem?

@prasad: I couldnt see this icon! where is it? i cannot activate my bex add-in too.

Thanks

Engin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekene

Even i had the same issue as i explained earlier, we fixed the issue by checking the option 'Launch legacy version from RRMX' under Global settings in 2004S BEx analyzer and the issue is resolved.

Let me know if it helped you or not.

Thanks

Prasad Talluru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Could u pls tell me where we have this setting ,as i am having the same problrm

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Go to 2004S BEx Analyzer and click on Global settings icon ( Next to TOOLS icon). Under the Behaviour Tab you can see the check box for 'Launch Legacy version from RRMX'.

Let me know your e-mail id if you need screen shots.

Thanks

Prasad