cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changes made in HANA while backup in progress, will it be available when restored

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi , if we make some changes like insert/update/delete while the backup is in progress  will those changes be reflected when i recover the db using the backup taken, for example my HANA backup starts at 3:15 AM and finishes at 3:30AM , so if i have any inserts/updates/deletes done at 3:20AM will that be reflecte when i recover with this backup .

Thank you

Jonu Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The complete data backup is based on a savepoint that is created at the beginning of the backup. So any changes during the backup won't be included. These changes are part of the log backups, so recovering logs to a later point in time can redo these changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx much Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

can this savepoint details be viewed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find information related to all savepoints in view M_SAVEPOINTS. The backup related savepoint should have a start time similar to the backup. You can use SQL: "HANA_IO_Savepoints" (SAP Note 1969700) for individual evaluations of M_SAVEPOINTS.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

: great to see that you get more active now here on SCN!

Finally an option for me to get out and know that the SAP HANA community will be taken care of by one of the best .

Awesome - keep going!

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much martin

Answers (0)