cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to run SAP Syclo workmanager with french and dutch language with iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All , I want to start my SAP syclo workmanager application in 3 languages . Currently i am running with english but now i want to run with french and dutch with iPad client . Can you please suggest ? how can i run ? Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby (but please start doing this on your own)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Work Manager ships with language packs now.  I would download the language packs and look at the manuals on how to deploy the packs.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bill , May i know this language pack , we have to deploy on Agnetry Server or SAP backend . Because unfortunately i could not able to download language pack yet . just wanted to know from you . Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Language Packs will go on the with the Agentry Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill / Stephen , In Agentry language pack i can only see Arabic , German , Italian etc . and every folder 3 files 1) Ex : ApplicationText.it.ini ClientText.it.ini Globals.it.ini 2) ApplicationText.de.ini ClientText.de.ini Globals.de.ini etc . Now i dont know how to publish these files to Agentry server . Can you please provide some suggestion on it ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your server is using Agentry Production Logic, you need to create a new Application Version Zip file, and add them to the file.  Then upload it to the server.

One the files is on the server update the management cockpit with the values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen , my server is using development logic . so in this case should i copy all files language pack files and paste where server is located . or can u suggest how can i publish or put language pack to agenrty server ? Because inside language pack i can see diff folder with language and inside language folder 3 files in each folder . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen ,

I have taken below steps to run in french language but cant see client text in french.

1 ) Copy ApplicationText.fr , ClientText.fr , Globals.fr in agnetry server .

2) Chnage region language with french in my Android mobile device .

Now , Run agentry application but i can get SAP data as in French but agnetry client text still in English .

Can you please provide some steps ?

How to do excat configuration for language pack .

Thanks & Regards ,

Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you put the files in a subfolder called "Localizations".  Then in the Managment cockpit set this folder name in the "Localization Path" key.

On the Localizations line make sure you have "fr"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen , I am not using SMP 3.0 server but using 6.0.22.0 . So , can you guide ? how can i configure files in 6.0.22.0 server steps . Because i cant find Localizations subfolder in current server . can you provide some suggestion here ? Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok replace "Managemetn cockpit" in my last statement and change it to "Agentry.ini"  the rest is the same.

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

You must be using an old version of Work Manager then (5.3?).  The language packs are specific to the version of Work Manager.  If you have downloaded language packs for a newer version of Work Manager they may not work as expected.

Recommend you upgrade to Work Manager 6.1 and use the provided language packs there.

--Bill

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I am currently trying to do the same thing here, though with spanish.

I have downloaded the language pack for the same version of my Work Management installation.
Used the Management Cockpit to set the path for the folder which contains the three files (ApplicationText.es.ini, ClientText.es.ini and Globals.es.ini).  I also indicated the language code "es".

But still nothing happened, WM is still in English.

Is there something which I am not seeing?

Regards and many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Is the device in English?

Stephen

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

The only device customer will be using are notebooks.  For this reason we are using the Agentry Client.

In this case, from where does it take the language configuration?

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am guessing you are using a windows based notebook.  So you will need to go to control panel and look at Language settings

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Sorry for my delay, but unfortunately I had some issues with my SMP server, which I had to solve before continuing.

Coming back the te translation of Work Manager, you where right.  Once I change the system language, the tool is now in spanish too.   But not all of it. As you can see in the image below, some things are already in spanish, but some others not.

Is there a way to translate them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you have to adjust the APPLICATIONtext.es.base.ini file.

it IS located in the translation folder. After adjustimg IT you have to redeploy your Application and reStart the Server.

kind Regards,

mike

I833978
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael.

The only thing I could not translate is that "Search" that I should previously.  Funny thing is that I only see that field when using the Client.  But from any other device, using the ATE, I do not see any search option in the Main Screen.

Do you know if it is possible to translate it too?

In the applicationtext file it is not there., nor in any screen of the screen set

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are times when the development team missed to add some feilds for translating.  If you find one open a ticket with support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

at my current project I'm facing exactly the same. But for dutch you will not find a language pack.

French is supported. At your IPad you have to adjust the regional settings, that the language is switched.

As Bill said you can get the lang pack at the SAP MP. The documentation describes how to enable the languages for your server.

Kind regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael , it means if i go to ipad and do regional settings with french then i will get application in french when i do sync . is my understanding is correct ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only if already applied the Language files to the application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

yes, if as Stephen said the lang packs are populated at the server and referenced in the Agentry.ini.

Sorry for the late reply.

Kind regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael , Thank you so much for your replay ... I will try and update you whether its working or not . Thanks & Regards , Kunal Varaiya