cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVM - How to dig and check DVM is accruing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently been setting up DVM - it seems a potentially fantastic tool to manage a SAP landscape, however it also is a fiddly tool with a UI that needs work - especially on user feedback.

The information I'n looking to find and discuss on SCN is two-fold.

1) I find with some reports that you have to execute three times before it runs successfully. I get no errors as such, just a browser that thinks it's done loading data and a variables screen that hasn't changed. Has anyone seen similar behaviour?

2) I can find no detailed documentation on what stats & trend and other reports should work with basic activation and what requires a specific ANALYSIS to be setup. Some are clearly implied (i.e. a Savings Potential analysis is needed to use the "Potential Savings" section), but others are less than clear. SAP suggested via message to me that if you want growth/reduction stats you need at least 4 weeks of gathered data. It would be great if the tool UI advised you of this; or if there was a simple way to see how much data you've gathered so far for system XXX or technical scenario YYY. Anyone who's found good documentation in this area please share!

3) With some of the erratic behaviours I've decided I want to "see" the BW infocubes in SolMan for myself to see how they change as the extractors run. Has anyone got some good SQL or other code to interrogate them? E.g. 0SM_SIZES, 0SM_STAT, etc.

I hope if others engage here we can start a community thread that is like a kickstarter guide for DVM users.

Regards, Jamie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NB the help.sap.com pages for the DVM work centre are useful -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp12/helpdata/en/e4/45e854d52d47a8b1ee32e9a064d438/content.htm

However they don't cover much detail. I.e. I have some basic Data Allocation Reports that just run and then end without displaying anything. No error, no report.

On others you can run twice with no result then run again and get a report.

Perhaps this is a browser compatibility issue (IE 8 here) but it's hard work finding the problem when no error is caught and handled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding on to this (and hoping others join in).

You can use RSA1 in the BW client of SolMan to interrogate the BW InfoProviders that are used for DVM. Currently I'm running a few queries agains 0SM_SIZES to see if I can find what data is there for the SIDs I'm interested in. That should help to understand what the extractosr are, or aren't, doing.