cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split processing - possible in Personas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone ever tried this ...

We have a situation that coming into Personas the user enters an identifying reference which will yield a current active sales order number.

By current and active I mean the order is effectively empty of line items, i.e.. it hasn't yet been developed properly - it's just a marker.

BUT - there may be other orders with the same reference that the user could want to work with that are in a more advanced state of development.

SO ... I want my 'process reference' script to:

i) Identify if there are existing open orders...

If yes - display a list of open orders and let the user choose which one hey want to work with

ELSE

Create an empty sales order and return that for further development.

I am currently using a WebRFC ABAP link to find the active order so could be quite sophisticated but I can't quite get my head around how to do that going to and from Personas.... does anyone have experience of something similar or have any ideas that may be useful.

This drawing tries to illustrate the requirement ...

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the second part of this blog - . There I use a "list display" transaction to do some fuzzy matching and display a list of possibilities, allowing the user to choose one. If you wrote a simple ABAP ALV report you could present the list of possibilities if there are any, or else detect that the list is empty and go straight to creating a new sales order. The code in your current WebRFC should transplant into an ALV quite nicely, I would guess?

Does that sound like it would work?

Steve.