Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 - Controller workflow - Return button not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I configured the controller workflow to approve activity for Firefighter ids. It works perfectly when controller is supposed to review other users FFID activity. I also enabled the approver delegation functionality wherein if a user is setup as a delegate - the delegate is able to go to their work inbox and review and approve activity on the controllers behalf.

Now when the controller uses the FF id that he is the controller for, the log review report shows up  and is still being sent to the controller but with the return button instead of submit which is good, but it is doing the same action as the submit button.

Is there a way I can make the return button not perform the same function as the submit button?

How can I restrict users from approving their own FF id activity?

Any ideas will be helpful

Thank you

Kiran

7 REPLIES 7

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As per standard design.

When controller wants more details about log report, he clicks on "Additional Information" and the request goes back to Firefighter User. In this scenario event triggered will be as "FORWARD WITH RETURN"

When Firefighter user checks his work inbox, he can see the log report and he need to enter the comments in the Notes section and he will have only one button "RETURN", so just clicks on it. Now request goes back to controller. Here even triggered is "RETURN"

When Firefighter controller forwards the request to another controller, even Triggered is just FORWARD.

In your scenario, Firefighter Controller is requesting the Firefighter ID for which he is the controller and when the log report generates, he is getting only return button and it is working as SUBMIT and showing message as "Firefighter Log Returned Back".

I assume this is bug

Also when you click on Other Actions -> Additional Information from Log review screen since User and Approver are same, it throws a error message.

May be required to raise a OSS message for this.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Exactly - I have the workflow working correctly except for that part.

This is what is working: Scenario 1:  the background job triggers the workflow - controller for the FF id used receives the email to review log in work inbox - controller logs into the work inbox - the entry to review audit log is seen - the controller selects the entry - it opens up the page with the activity and buttons submit, hold, additional information, forward, print and close.

Admin id is the controller in screenshot 1 and 2. Screenshot 1 user is another id and screenshot 2 user is the admin id.

Submit and hold work correctly in case 1.

Scenario 2: When the above scenario is sent to the controller for a ff id they have used screenshot 2 is what we see. IE retun, additional info, forward, hold, print and close.

Retun is working like submit.

Any suggestions?

If you notice the approver stage is showing up as controller in 1st case and firefighter in 2nd.

If I can get the return button to cancel the request and throw a message saying cannot review own activity it will be perfect but not sure how to do that.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yeah you are right.

If Firefighter User and Firefighter Controller are same then this issue happens. In our environment also we have the same issue.

But we never faced this issue as for the Firefighter ID which is being used by the controller himself, has 2 controllers. So, if one Controller uses that FF ID then Log review is reviewed by another controller and not the one who used it.

In that case everything works fine. Issue happens only if FF User and Controller are same and then the same user tries to review the log report. Of course this is bug and we can raise it to SAP, but in actual scenario Reviewer and User should not be the same person. Since we are not able to restrict it this issue is happening.

For access requests we can enable setting "Cannot approve own requests". May be we need similar thing for Log review also

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

No with AC 10.1, there is no functionality available to restrict from approving own FFID activities.

I am on SP06 and facing the same compliant issue. It's not a bug but need an enhancement over the same.

If you raise this to SAP, kindly let us know with the response.

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

I am having an issue getting any action buttons to appear on the FF Log Review Notification with the exception of "Close." Do you have any suggestions?

I believe that the task settings are properly configured.

Thanks,

Tracy

0 Kudos

Tracy,

I saw the same issue when i was logged in with the ID not assigned as the controller for this activity.

Check and confirm the controller is setup correctly.

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I recently came across the below SAP note which can resolve your issue. Please check.

2092273 - Restricting SPM controllers from approving their own firefighter activity log workflow re...

Regards,

Madhu.