Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No application components available in workflow tasks

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm configuring the MDG 7.0 for Material.

When I'm trying to configure the workflow tasks through the following node,

General Settings ->Process Modeling -> Workflow -> Configure Workflow Tasks

Now I can see only one node CA-MDG with no child tasks. I don't see the Application Framework node or its relevant sub objects.

What could be the reason behind this issue?

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Bala

Can you reconfirm below business functions are properly activated or not

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions (MDG_FOUNDATION)

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 2 (MDG_FOUNDATION_2)

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 3 (MDG_FOUNDATION_3)

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 4 (MDG_FOUNDATION_4)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Yes, all the business functions are activated.

Thanks

Bala

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If all the business function are activated properly then check the authorization needed for WF.

refere to the SAP note 1251255 for further information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Please confirm below

Configure Workflow Tasks

As a prerequisite you have made the necessary general settings for workflows and defined the organizational plan in Customizing for SAP NetWeaver under >Application Server >Business Management >SAP Business Workflow >. Then you need to ensure that the active type linkages for Material (BUS2250) are set correctly. Follow the instructions in Customizing for MDG under > General Settings >Process Modeling >Workflow >Activate Type Linkage > For entry BUS2250 with no workflow template select the flag Linkage Activated and deselect the flag Enable Event Queue. Do not set these flags for other BUS2250 entries that have workflow templates assigned.

The standard workflow template used by Master Data Governance for material is WS60800086.

In order to ensure the general assignment of processors using the rule-based workflow, run the following activity in Customizing for Master Data Governance under > General Settings >Process Modeling >Workflow >Configure Workflow Tasks >.

1. Go to application component CA-MDG-AF and choose Assign Agents.
  2. All tasks (denoted by TS*) that are not set as Background Task need to be set to General Task. To do so, select the task, choose Attributes and change to General Task. In particular, ensure you do this for the Dialog Processing (TS 60807954) task.

Alternative procedure using the generic workflow maintenance transaction:

1. Run transaction SWDD
  2. In the Workflow field, enter the workflow template WS60800086, the highest version is automatically chosen.
  3. In the Navigation area go to step 000073 Dialog Processing and select it.
  4. In the Task Properties area, choose Agent Assignment for Task. Choose the Agent Assignment for Task button.
  5. On the next screen select Dialog Processing and choose the Attributes button.
  6. In the Task popup select General Task and choose Transfer.
  7. Return to the Task Properties list and verify that the status icon beside Agent Assignment is green or yellow.
former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your reply.

As per the note, the RFC destination configuration for WF_Batch user is not assigned with proper role but in my case that is assigned properly.

Also the workflow initiation is working fine. But strangely none of the components are visible under the node "Configure Workflow tasks".

I assumed the entries are populated by default which is missing now. Need to know why it is missing and how to bring that back?

Thanks

Bala

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I assigned the workflow tasks through SWDD & Dialog processing.

But If I choose

General Settings>Process Modeling >Workflow >Configure Workflow Tasks >

there are no components shown in the screen. Any thoughts.

Thanks

Bala

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the authorization for the objects and whether you ID too have enough authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What happens when you click on CA-MDG?

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Please find the screenshot. I couldn't perform any with the node.

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you find WS60800086 in transaction PFTC?

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Not sure if I got your question.

I can see the WF Task: 60800086 where I can internally view the workflow template: WS60800086 appearing in SWDD.

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

We are configuring the new MDG 7 for supplier. I am also facing the same problem.

General Settings ->Process Modeling -> Workflow -> Configure Workflow Tasks

Now I can see only one node CA-MDG with no child tasks. I don't see the Application Framework node or its relevant sub objects.

Please let me know how you solved this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Appreciate your quick response.

Former Member
former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

can  you please let me know the architecture of you landscape,let me know you are using any golden client concept.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

No, the issue is not resolved and I have raised a ticket to SAP.

But the Assigning agent activities which I intend to do for workflow configuration under this node, I have did it by launching the workflow through SWDD and changed the agent assignment tasks.

Thanks

Bala

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

No, It is not a golden client, It is a single sandbox environment system.

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Did you get any reply from SAP?

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Can you run the report RS_APPL_REFRESH and try if it is populating in the screen?

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala. It worked me as well.

Answers (0)