cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Agentry 6.0.46] Performance question on List Tile View

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have a list tile view in my tablet application. I use a typical layout as the default email app on iPad. A list tile contains all emails header and other area display operations/email contents.

My list tile view contains tasks for user to do. Overall, there could be hundreds of task and this list tile view holds a subset using include rule. When the list tile view presents over one hundred items, there is noticeable lag of doing anything on the application.

By a set of controlled testing to rule out other reasons, it looks like the lag is caused by presenting many tiles (100+) in the list. Any actions in the app seems to call the "include" rule again and refresh the whole list tile view.  Therefore, if there is only 10 items in the list tile view, the lag is barely noticeable. As there are more items in the list, the lag increases. When the number of items reaches 100, there could be 2 second delay before a single message can pop up (an action for test which only displays a trivial text message).

1. In the tile, I only display one string property, that's the minimal info for display;

2. I tried to use list instead of list tile view and had similar observation;

3. Both Android and iOS clients seem to have this issue.

Any comments to improve the performance, i.e., reduce such lag before any action can take place?

Thanks a lot.

-Yang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yang,

Some obvious tips:

Reduce the number of rows displayed on the list

Reduce the number of update or other rules (hidden, format) on the tile rows

Remove include rules where possible - maybe restructure the data into multiple sibling collections instead of trying to filter one big large list

Upgrade to newer Agentry clients

Not sure why you are seeing this lag before running actions.  Makes sense to me that the list would try to update after an action runs, but not before.  The include rule needs to run when data changes to update the list.  You said you tried using a "List" instead of a List Tile View.  Do you mean a List control, or did you create a List Screen?  I would think performance would be better using an old school List Screen, but the UI certainly isn't as pretty that way.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Sorry for the long delay in follow up.

It turns out one of the sub-rule used in the include rule is implemented in a very in-efficient way. After its revision, the include rule handles hundreds of items without any noticeable lag.

However, this shows that the include rule IS checked before the transaction finishes starting from icon clicking. Maybe it is simple to implementation that way.

Anyway, my specific problem is solved. I will flag your answer correspondingly. Thanks a lot.

-Yang

Answers (0)