with regards

raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need to change the position management for Securities from collective to Single position management, only then the lot based positions will be created.

Please also note, for the product type which is collectively managed and has transactions in the system, can't be changed to single position management. You would need to create either a new product type or manage it in a new valuation area.

Regards

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not calculated FIFO method. Its calculating Weighted Average Method

Please suggest me How to configure FIFO Method

please suggest me how to do this?

with regards

raju

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

Could you please check the customization which i requested as per previous post.

Regards,

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jain

I maintained the setting as pointed out by you, but the valuation still works on Average cost

I maintained the setting as below

Besides above customization, is there any other setting which I need to do?

I simulated 2 purchases, and then one sale transaction, and the result was P&L calculation on average cost basis, which is not what is expected

Rgds

Sameer

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Its been long time back i have check this. Give me time will check and get back to you.

Regards,

Jain

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Do as suggested

IMG:

Financial Supply Chain Management

Treasury and Risk Management

Transaction Manager

General Settings

Accounting

Settings for Position Management

Define and Assign Differentiations

In this SPRO entry, you usuarlly have SEC.ACCOUNT differentiation. Then go for FIFO/LIFO.

Create a new Security to test this configuration.

If this doesn't solve your problem, create a new thread

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks Gustavo. TO add to your post, in the same node, there is one more folder > Settings for Single Position Management. You would have to make an entry for your product type here to achieve the lot based consumption. Just by making the entry in Define consumption sequence won't do FIFO/LIFO.

Also as i mentioned in my previous post, if you already have data for the product type earlier as weighted average, then making an entry for single position management will cause inconsistencies. It is advised to either reverse all the data or use a new product type / valuation area.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

Please go to below IMG path and define and assign for your company code/ Product type, Based on your requirement.

Treasury and Risk Management-Transaction Manager-General Settings-Accounting-Settings for Position Management-Assign Consumption Sequence Procedure

Regards,

Jain