cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separat database for internal and external user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are using SAP CRM,BI and EP for our client.

we have a specific client requirement, where he wanted to have a separate data to be available for his sales team and separate data to be availble for his distributors.

even the distributors are maintaing their business partners data that might not belong to the client products and they are made part of this system to have buy in from distributors to sell more products.

so in this scenario, he doesnot to have access to the distributor busines partners details and also the leads, opportunities that he has created.so there is a need for having separat data to be avialble for the sales team and the distributors.

can anybody advise and guide on this

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I agree with you, You can create a new client and configure scenario for your distributors. That's very much possible. Infact many companies are doing this to maintain their different sales, production locations. You can do that.

One more request, Hope I am not asking too much. Please give me points for my efforts.

Darshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivassa,

If I have understood it correctly, you want to separate set of data for SALES relaed details. This can be managed in many ways. One of that can be.

1. Using security feature of SAP, where you can create different user roles. Who can have rights to access different information/data from the server. At this stage you have to take help of both BASIS and Functional people to chart out clear user profiles. Even ABAP skills can help you in create custom made reports to server your requirement which is very specific to your case.

Hope this will answer your query,

For more details you can contact me any time on my contacts in business card.

Thanks and Regards,

DARSHAN PATEL

<i><b>** Please reward points if this is helpful to you</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi darshan,

yes iam aware of this authorization concept and we are trying a more dynamic authorization concept called ACE and this sits on basis authorizations and restrict data to be viewed but i was thinking of any other solution possible like can a we can 2 client copies or 2 separate database tables etc.

anyway thanks for the response.