cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine User Defaults and Role Defaults

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I have the following requirement.  The provisioning must assign a role by default based on the system. The problem is, I am using Business Role and those roles have no system assigned.

So at the Access Request the requestor include the system where the user must be provisioned. I can’t change the parameters from Role Attributes to Request attributes. So I am wondering if there is a way to assign roles by default using User Defaults instead of Role Defaults.

Regards and thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had an idea:

Into the BRF+ User Default i am going to create an Z* Action. This action is gonna call to function module that assigns role to users into the target system.

Does anyone know how is this function module called?

Regards and thank you.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

We had a similar scenario as we used business roles.

Create one Functional area assume as X for system ECC.

Now assign all your ECC business roles to Functional area X.

In Default roles select options as "Role Attributes" and "Functional Area"

Maintain default role w.r.t functional area in NWBC

Now when the user selects the business role, default role gets added based on Functional area and your requirement works.

Let me know if any queries.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu.

That is a great response. The problem is Business roles are indirectly related to a connector group SAP_BW.

This connector group has mapped a system BW but actually there are three systems mapped where each of them correspond to the type of the system, PROD, QUA and DEV.

• SAP_BW --> PROD
  • SAP_BW --> QUA
  • SAP_BW --> DEV

The point is, my users want to create access request for specific system (PROD, QUA or DEV). If i assign a functional area to a Business Role i will have to map a default role for the three system and then the request will become a request for the three systems.

1. Functional Area Business Role 1 --> Role Defatul X for system PROD
  2. Functional Area Business Role 1 --> Role Defatul X for system QUA
  3. Functional Area Business Role 1 --> Role Defatul X for system DEV

That is why i probably have to user a BRF+ rule. I hope it is well explained.

Regards and thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me show you my advance.

Just to check if the action are taken into consideration i have created an action Z_SEND_EMAIL that sends an email when he user is provisioned. This Action is working fine and it is sendind an email.

So i just need to know the name of a Stathic Method or a Procedure call in order to create a new access request with the default role i want to assign to the user.

Regards and thank you.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I have a suggestion.

Assume that your Business role has 1 ECC role and 1 BW role.

Let's create 2 functional areas 1 for ECC and 1 for BW.

If your business role has both ECC and BW roles, then maintain 2 functional areas for the business role.

Define ECC default role w.r.t ECC functional area and BW default role wr.t. BW functional area

When Business role with both ECC and BW roles is selected, since business role is tagged to both ECC and BW functional areas, both ECC and BW default roles gets added as we defined default roles based on Functional area.

Can you try this?

Regards,

Madhu.