Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SQL Anywhere 16 as a database for Windows Store App

Hi,

I am evaluating SQL Anywhere 16 database as for storage requirements. Our have selected this solution in order to utilize the Synchronization framework 'Mobilink'. Our setup would be

Consolidated DB: SQL Anywhere 16

Client DB: SQL Anywhere 16

For Client App, we are using .NET 4.5 framework C#. I am facing an issue connecting to SQL Anywhere database from our App.

Error:

Error2

The base class or interface 'System.ComponentModel.Component' in assembly 'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' referenced by type 'System.Data.Common.DbConnection' could not be resolved

c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.5\System.Data.dllDAL

I am able to connect to DB from standalone App (Non-Window Store), but facing the above issues while connecting for Windows Store App.

Anyone facing this issue?

Any suggestions? Resoultions?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Windows Store Applications do not support the System.Data namespace (ie. ADO.Net). The following link lists the supported namespaces.

.NET for Windows Store apps APIs

The only way I can think of to call out to SQL Anywhere from a Windows Store app. is to make native calls directly to the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver from your app.

Note: I have not tried this.

--Jason

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question