cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Anywhere 16 as a database for Windows Store App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am evaluating SQL Anywhere 16 database as for storage requirements. Our have selected this solution in order to utilize the Synchronization framework 'Mobilink'. Our setup would be

Consolidated DB: SQL Anywhere 16

Client DB: SQL Anywhere 16

For Client App, we are using .NET 4.5 framework C#. I am facing an issue connecting to SQL Anywhere database from our App.

Error:

Error2

The base class or interface 'System.ComponentModel.Component' in assembly 'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' referenced by type 'System.Data.Common.DbConnection' could not be resolved

c:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.5\System.Data.dllDAL

I am able to connect to DB from standalone App (Non-Window Store), but facing the above issues while connecting for Windows Store App.

Anyone facing this issue?

Any suggestions? Resoultions?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonHinsperger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Windows Store Applications do not support the System.Data namespace (ie. ADO.Net). The following link lists the supported namespaces.

.NET for Windows Store apps APIs

The only way I can think of to call out to SQL Anywhere from a Windows Store app. is to make native calls directly to the SQL Anywhere ODBC driver from your app.

Note: I have not tried this.

--Jason

Answers (0)