cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have the error "Actions Falied" When we tried some change into connector GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We need Help, We have the error "Actions Falied" When we tried some change into connector GRC 5.3

The log into GRC is:

Caused by: com.virsa.ae.dao.DAOException: Cannot assign NULL to host variable 2. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "UPDATE "VIRSA_AE_CNT" SET "DESCRIPTION" = ?,"CNT_CLASS" = ?,"PSS_CONFIG" = ? WHERE "SYSTEM" = ?".

at com.virsa.ae.dao.sqlj.SAPConnectorDAO.update(SAPConnectorDAO.sqlj:741)

at com.virsa.ae.configuration.bo.ConnectorsBO.modifySAPConnectorInfo(ConnectorsBO.java:327)

I need help Guys.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio

Can you please explain what you are trying to do and include some screen shots?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleen,

Thanks for answer.

If I try any changes in any connector the message appears, I can try just change the password or the SAP version, the error will happen, I attached the file with a image.

In fact, I have other problem with my GRC system, but I was trying to change the connector to execute some test, I don't know if you saw, but I created another message here, because I have a big issue with environment ERM into GRC, however we can talk about this issue after solve this problem, if you can.

Again Thanks for help.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio

I replied to your other blog. I'm starting to wonder if you have an underlying issue that needs to be fixed followed by a bounce (restart) of your system. I've only used 5.3 for ARA so am not as familiar with the BRM or CUP configuration.

However, you seem to be getting issues when it tries to write to the database. Most of the system admin colleagues that have helped me with Java based systems over the years summarise it as "sometimes Java get a bit flaky and needs the IT Crowd Solution of 'turn it off then on'.

sorry I cannot be of much more help.

For the benefit of others in this space who might be able to assist - did the issue suddenly appear? How long has GRC been working as intended before you got these issues? Has there been other system changes (such as SPs) recently?

Regards

Colleen