cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change the Temporary File Name in Chunk Mode scenarios?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I’m facing a problem here.

I’m needed to transport a file using a Chunk Mode scenario, on a SAP PO 7.4 single Stack system.

The problem is that to create the file on the target system it’s necessary to follow a specific Name Convention, but the Chunk Mode creates the file with a temporary name following the pattern:

temp_chunkMode575647736

The question that I have is it possible to change the temporary name?

Regards,

Acácio Barrado.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In order to fix it, SAP provides a SAP Note:

2087016 - chunkKey value in the file name is too long

Regards,

Acácio Barrado

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Acacio,

Thanks for go back with the solution, it will be very useful for the SCN community.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try with ASMA, that may work for you..

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey GB tks for the answer.

Does ASMA works with Chunk Mode?

I beliave that this works only for a normal File scenario.

Regards,

Acácio.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Acacio,

Please refer the below blog, ASMA is supported in chunk mode.

regards,

Harish

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe yes..

Regards

GB

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The blog does not specifically mention that we can use ASMA to have dynamic name in chunk mode.

even I am having such a requirement in my project.

do you have any specific idea which configuration will work.

thanks,

regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

OK I agree ASMA is accept, but this do not solve my demand. ASMA will working for the final name, but not for the temporary name, I need to change the temporary name to something close to the final.

Do you know if is possible some change on the temporary name?

Regards,

Acácio.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Acacio,

AFAIK - you can not change temp file name. For this specific requirement you need to build custom adapter module which can execute after chunk mode to change the file name.

regards,

Harish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

In the comments of blog it is mention that ASMA can be use in Chunk mode. you can use ASMA in sender channel to set the file name and same file name will available in receiver side by selecting File name ASMA property in receiver adapter.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I found a standard way to change the temporary name, in fact, even when we are using the Chunk Mode, is it possible to use the Processing Parameters in order to change the Temporary File Name Scheme.

Now my only problem is that even when I have the chance to change the temporary name, the channel automatically inserts a random number with the size of 10 characters, probably to control the process.

My problem is that to meet the Target requirements, this random number cannot be bigger than 8 chars.

Any ideas?

Tks for the support so far.

Regards,

Acácio .

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Acacio,

If the number is the chunkKey you can get by the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Generic

but you can not use a mapping with file chunk to use the dynamic configuration and if i remember right you can't use own adapter development as well.

Regards.