cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a scenario where i have to use BPM .In the scenarion i am getting account information in file with number like ordernumber/sequence i.e 384/1 now if the account information exceeds then it will come as multiple files like 384/1,384/2,384/3 My requirement is to process the file only when the correct sequence number files are received like if 384/3 is received beofre 384/2 then wait till 384/2 is received and then do the processing of merging the files.

I am not able to achive the task ,please suggest solution in this regard.Thx in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there really are many ways you can handle your scenario

but most ot them require more knowledge about what the sender

system can do with those files - so just deeper scenario analisys

- if you'd have a total number of files

(something like 384/1-3,384/2-2,384/3-3 - or the number 3 anywhere in

the payload) then you could loop and search for those files

via java proxy as the file adapter does not allow puling started from a BPM

this way you'd be sure the that BPM will not continue to

a mapping step (transformation) until it finds all files - so exactly what you need

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another Idea:

use two custom context objects (as explained here /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/09/xi-dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules--one-step-further), and fill them at mapping after sender adapter. One context object will the number before the slash ("/"), and will be used for correlation at bpm receiver step inside loop. The other will be used as end condition for the loop (assuming that you get them in order, like, 3 first, then 2, then 1, you can wait until 1 is received ).

Regards,

Henrique.