Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery UoM and sales UoM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a case which needs your help:

The min order quantity is 5 PCs, and the order quantity should be the multiple of 5. I propose to use Sales UoM, example: creating the order will use the Pack, which one pack equals with 5 pieces. The available stock is 14 pieces, user created an order with 3 packs, system confirmed 3 packs ( that meant 3*5=15 pieces, when available quantity is 14 pieces only). User tried to create delivery order, system divided 14/3 = 4,667 items. That is not acceptable for business because cannot divide 1 piece to smaller part. I would need your solution in this case:

Ques 1: How does system act with correct rounding (for this case, confirmed quantity should be 2 packs (10 items)

Ques 2. If user creates the delivery order, how to avoid system convert to base of UoM as example (not 14/3).

Really appreciate your support. Many thanks.

Nguyen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nguyen ,

Kindly try the below settings for your issue , it will work .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear C B,

I have maintained but it does not work:

I might have to use rounding profile. really appreciate your support.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

Here you maintained minimum delivery quantity as 3 EA, shouldn't you maintain 5 EA for minimum dilivery quantity, which will be equal to 1 PAC. Also your minimum order quantity is also 3 EA, which should be 5 EA, i.e. equal to 1 PAC.

try maintaining 5 EA in minimum order quantity as well as minimum delivery quantity, i believe your issue should be resolved with this.

You can use rounding, but here i don't think you actually need to use rounding.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mate,

currently, I maintain min qty is 3 EA ( equivalent with 1 Pack), not 5 as you see. Thanks.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

You can check below link to check on rounding profile creation, once created you need to assign the same in Sales org 1 view in material master.

Rgds

Sourabh

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the minimum Order qty is 5 EACH, please maintain the Min.Order Qty and Min. Del Qty as 5 instead of 3 as the unit of measure is EA.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nguyen,

Happen to come across your thread when I was referring to a similar error.

This is a limitation in SAP and there are no standard configuration currently available in SAP to address the issue of having this decimal quantity in delivery.

However , there is a round about way for my issue. may be useful to you. in the material master u might have to  set delivery quantity as 1 (in Sales org 1 view)

Then go to transaction OVM1 and set VL365 (Increment & & not complied with)  from W to E. This would set this message class from warning to Error. Now if you are trying to maintain a delivery quantity which is not a multiple of 1 , it would show the Error ...

Obviously you might have found  a way out for this issue as this thread is pretty old. Just thought of sharing as it may be useful to you or others in the future..

Cheers,

Safeer Rahman

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Trung ,

As per your above screen shot you want rounding QTY in your schedule lines , but it is not possible to make rounding QTY because your Sale unit of measurement is PAC , so conformed QTY will show in PAC only , It will not show in EA , if you are doing force full rounding then your delivery will not take full QTY .

but you actual scenario is that you want to restrict in Delivery Order level only.

for example .... 1 PAC = 3 EA and your availability check is  2 EA then in your DO level it will not allow unless your conformed QTY is 3 EA .

suppose .... if your availability check is 4 EA then in your DO level it will allow only 1 PAC .

system will allow if delivery unit is multiple of conformed QTY  ie ......3 ,6 ,9,12 . please see my screen shot description also .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Reddy,

I have researched and the result is not as expect. Whatever I do, system will propose either Base UoM without rounding up or Alt UoM with decimal.

example:

Case 1: If i use EA, on-hand is 4 EA, create order with 5, system rounding up in sales order to 6. With ATP system will confirm either 4 EA and 1 EA if not full delivery or 6 with complete delivery.

Case 2: If I use PAC ( 1 PAC = 3 EA), on-hand is 4 EA, create order with 2 PAC, no rounding up here (not necessary). With ATP system will propose 0,333 PAC and 1,667 PAC in case of split delivery or 2 PAC with complete delivery.

The solution is not fit as expect but acceptable.

Many thanks for your support and rewarded point to you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is maintained in Additional Data UOM conversion factor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

I set addition UoM and CUNI is no decimal as image:

Still very concern why system proposes number with decimal. Many thanks.

Nguyen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Decimal in ATP. Refer to OSS note 547118 Q10 and answer.