SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSDM - Receipt number gap checking for all transaction types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Here comes a technical requirement in POSDM due to POS functionality constraint.

Client wants to perform transaction receipt number gap check and duplicate check. My understanding is that POSDM would perform these checking for only one POS transaction type (in this case, say for example, all sales transactions) and will not perform this gap check together with other transactions. (say if i only assign the tasks for checking to the sales POS transaction)

However, client's POS will transfer all types of transactions (including sales, z-read, login, logoff, etc) using THE SAME sequence, meaning the transactions can be like below:

#001: sales

#002: customer return
#003: login

#004: product enquiry

#005: sales

Are there any way / configuration that I can use to fulfill this requirement?

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Dom

2 REPLIES 2

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried assigning the task for all transaction types.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

Your requirement can be achieved by relevant configuration as given below

1.Check for all the impacted Transaction types and see what is the Task Group(POS inbound processing ->POS Transactions ->Define POS Transaction types)

2.Assign the relevant Task code to all the Task Groups which are assigned to the impacted transaction types(POS inbound Processing ->Tasks ->Assign Tasks to Task Group) with the correct profile type you are using.

If you are using Standard POSDM implementation then you may use the below Taskcodes

1001 -  Check for Duplicate Transaction numbers(CT01 in case of Starter Pack POSDM)

1002 - Check for Receipt numbers without Gaps (CT10 in case of Starter Pack POSDM)

Hope it helps

PS: Not sure what is the difference between #001 Sales and #005 Sales though !

Best Regards,

Aram.