cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log data storage compression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community

I am struggling with an issue regarding the growth of log data being stored in the database. The question is how I can compress in the table BALHDR?

Kind regards,

Qube

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

you can follow note :Read SAP Note 195157 - Application log: Deletion of logs

Have you consider archiving them before deleting them?.... you can use archiving object BC_SBAL as stated on the note.

also check note : Please check SAP Note 706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably   if that helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Deletion of logs - it's considerable, but there exist logs that I do not want to be removed forever. Although I could set an expiration date of maximum year value, it would require a lot of work to analyze all custom codes.

2. Archiving - the issue is that storage disk memory is increasing fast. I guess, archiving still will not decrease the pace of logs' growth? Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

archiving will not not decrease the pace of logs creation but it will create space for further activities

as of you said your logs are increased you have to look into loops how this log are generated

or some jobs unexpectedly run by user at span of 10 minutes ranges this is also cause for increase the log see all log files generated by spool are not saved to database that is also cause if logs see some trace is activated  by you are by some of your user which also generate logs very fast

this will serve your purpose

Regards