cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open ESR & ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to open ESR & ID in my laptop, though other team is able to connect. I am getting 'Cannot connect to server using messaging server'. Our PI version is PI 7.31 single stack. I tried with Java versions 1.6 update 37 and 1.7 update 67. Still the same issue. I tried reducing security levels as well. but no luck.

The message server is configured correctly in NWA. I could see errors in java trace as well, attached here.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Prasanna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1- Maintain host entry in host files---- Start Menu-> Run->Drivers-> etc -> hosts file

fo to bottom of hosts file and add <ip address> of pi server <space> FQDN of PI server

2. If hosts entries are maintained properly then try these versions of java

Java 6 update 20

Java 6 upadate 31
java 6 Update 45

Must work till this . If it doesn't work then it means P4 ports are having some issues.

Check with basis if ports are opened OR is PI sever and PI message server installed at same IP.

If not you might need to maintain another host enttry for PI message server

<ip address of pi server> <space> <FQDN of pi server>

<ip address of Pi message server? <space> <FQDN of pi server>

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I looked into note 1670143, we can test the connection to messaging server with url http://host:msport/dir/msgserver/text/logon

But this didnot work for me, saying connection not accepted. May be the server is not accepting connection from my IP.

Could you suggest me where could be the issue? I will check with my basis team also and get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved.

We are connecting to client vpn, and this access is not having all authorizations. Using another credentials with proper authorization to connect to vpn solved it.

Thanks,

Prasanna.

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your trace file also shows socket exception for message server.

So i must suggest you can do a simple telnet check from your machine to see whether it is successful or not to message server ip and port.

This will give you confirmation that it is network issue or some settings problem.

Regards

Vikas