cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get selected value of drop-down list in Java code- Agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I create a dropdown list Vendor using Agentry Editor. My problem is that I dont know how to capture the selected value of this dropdown in a transaction usingJava backend code. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In Agentry data changes that you make that you want to update the backend must be captured using a transaction that has an associated Update step attached.  Using the transaction the client will capture the value selected from the list into a transaction property.

When the transaction is processed by the Agentry server, those transaction properties are available to the Java steplet/stephandler to access and act upon to update the backend.  Typically there is an object associated to the type of update being made that includes a setter method that populates the java object property from the transaction property.

Then your stephandler references that java object property to update the corresponding value in the backend system (ECC).

--Bill

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Moved to SAP for Mobile Community from SAP Mobile Platform Developer Center.  App development question, nothing to do with the Platform.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PH,

Like Bill mentioned, capture the value with a transaction and tie a Java steplet to that transaction.  You can then access the transaction properties in Java through the User object that is provided by the steplet.  In Service Manager, it is called _user.  To access the Category transaction property, use this code:

_user.getString("transaction.Category");

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason. You save my day.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a class in java for complex table.The class should contain setter method to update the complex table fields to eccc.

Regards,

Sravanthi