Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction in Subcontracting Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I need a solution for the following scenario which require by the client

1. I need to restrict the creation of Subcontracting PO, If BOM material require quantity is not in my stock.

2. How is the excise entries happen when material will not come in 6 months.

Thanks & Regards

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding first query, Components will be copied into Subcontracting PO provided BOM is maintained for the Parent Material codes. Else you will have to manually maintain the components while creating the PO.

Which procedure is followed by your client?

There is no such control which will restrict PO creation where Component is not available in SAP system.

You may try writing the custom code. But, i personally believe that writing custom code will worsen your system performance..

Regarding Second query, If the Subcontractor failed to send the Material with in 180 days, you will have to reverse the Cenvat credit taken while procuring the Raw Material. This is mentioned several times in the forum. Search in forum and you will get no. of threads.

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

For your first requirement refer to this note.

- Availability check:Subcontract PReq subcontract PO componnts

Second requirement, The excise entries when material will not come in 6 months or 180 days are

demonstrated with this configuration

SPRO-->Logistics - General-->Tax on Goods Movements-->India-->Account Determination-->Specify Excise Accounts per Excise Transaction

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Binoy for replying me but I didn't get solution

For 1st requirement, my client want to restrict the creation of PO if BOM material is not available in stock.

For second how the excise entries take place if material get delay after 6 months, than how CENVAT entries will happen.

Thanks

Prateek

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Have you seen that note. Please explain the process flow followed by client for subcontracting.

check this thread also

Regards

Binoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

They just want that if the back material (BOM Material) is not in the stock than Subcon PO should not be create.

There Process flow is like that

SUB PO Create --> Transfer posting 541 --> Challan Creation J1IF01 --> PO GR wrt Challan --> Challan Reconcile --> Challan Completion --> Invoicing

But some time they wont get there material in 6 months. So I was asking for that if material won't come in 6 months than how CENVAT entries take place.

Thanks & Regards.

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

For the first requirement you have to do technical enhancement to restrict the creation of this PO as per my knowledge.

If the GR is not happening within 180 days go to J1IF13. In that you will get the option for reversal and recredit.

Regards

Binoy