cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to backend in Azure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've create an instance SAP HANA Developer Edition, based on Azure. Followed all the instructions, and the instance is up and running.

After that, I installed SAP GUI and HANA Studio, as requested.

Nevertheless, if i try to connect to my instance via SAP GUI, I have the error "partner 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:sapdp00' not reached"; when I try to login via HANA Studio, by creating a new ABAP Project (and selecting the SAP GUI connection), I have the error "Logon to system A4H failied (partner 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:3300' not reached)'".

I forced all the necessary doors in the firewall (including 3300) to be opened, but didn't worked so far.

Am i missing some step? It seems that the cloud instance is not reachable, but I cannot understand why. All the commands stated in the documentation to check in the OS are not quite accurate (at least for me), because they don't seem to work.

Another final issue, the RDP connection is also not working...

Thanks a lot,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudia_baur
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi Ricardo,

maybe you missed to maintain the endpoints for the Azure VM?

By default, only the ports for Powershell and Remote Desktop are open, for these ports you need to check the private and public port numbers given when trying to connect.

Additionally you need to add the SAP dispatcher port 3200 if you want to connect via SAPLOGON from outside to an SAP instance running inside the Azure VM.

You can maintain the endpoints of an Azure VM in the Azure portal -> Virtual Machines -> select your VM -> Endpoints.

Add an additional endpoint for the dispatcher as shown in the picture below:

Best regards, Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Thank you so much for your answer!

At this moment, I have this configuration, gathered from all the forums and posts I was reading these past days:

Unfortunately, adding port 3200 didn't solved my problem as I continue getting this error:

I've also tried to use your suggestion for remote desktop connection (change public port)

and still no success...so at this moment, I've just hit the wall...

Nevertheless, it's quite strange, as I can connect to the instance and even see it work in the portal. The only thing I'm not able to do it's connect via SAP GUI or HANA Studio (it shares the connection).

Thanks for all your help,

claudia_baur
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi Ricardo,

I just post you my SAPGUI settings which work fine:

Check that the 'application server' maintained in SAPGUI is the same as the 'DNS Name' shown for your VM in the dashboard of the Azure portal.

The dispatcher port which needs to be opened in the endpoint configuration depends from the SAP instance nr you provide, so check if 3200 is correct.

Furthermore, if your Azure guest is running on Windows, check if remote desktop is allowed in the Windows settings inside your VM.

Possibly, also adding the Azure VM to the local /etc/hosts file might help? Or possibly are you running inside companys VPN and some ports might be restricted by your company?

Best regards, Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for your quick answer.

It seems that I had everything right, apart from one thing: I'm missing the AS ABAP instance.

As I'm running the SAP HANA Developer edition, I assumed it already had it, what is not true. My next step is to install it on my pc and somehow link it to the HANA running instance (have to figure it out).

Thanks once more,

Answers (0)