Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Component Installation from SAP Installation Master

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Techies,

I am trying to install SAP both ABAP and JAVA based components, but, I am facing a problem with the installation as from the installation master it is representing the ABAP based components  for installing the central instance  are appearing but not the JAVA components for installation for central instance . Please find the below attached picture and suggest me the right solution to resolve the issue.

Best Regards

Vidya Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vidya,

To install the SAP ERP 6.0 EH6 JAVA you must use the latest SWPM media available in the SAP Marketplace (See SAP note #1680045). You downloaded the 70SWPM, which is used to install systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0x, but this is not the correct tool for your case.

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 6 JAVA is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.31 => SWPM tool is required.

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 6 ABAP is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.03 => 70SWPM is required.

As you can see in the image I have provided, the SAP ERP 6.06 java is available in the SWPM tool.

Download the SWPM10SP06_5* for your Operating System in the page below:

http://www.service.sap.com/sltoolset -> Software Logistic Toolset 1.0 -> System Provisioning -> Download Tool

Regards,

Henrique

varman_geek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Alternatively you cal also download latest version of SAPCAR from following location of SMP.

SAP service market Place --> Software Downloads --> Browse our Download Catalogue --> SAP Technology Components --> SAPCAR --> SAPCAR 7.20

Cheers!!

Mahendra varman

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAGAR

I am very thankful to your reply.FYI i had downloaded very latest version and unzipped the .SAR file and the file SAPCAR 7.20 u also suggested me to download

But i could find the

--->Enhancement Package 6 for ERP 6.0

--->SAP Application Server AS ABAP

But i am unable to find the

--->Enhancement Package 6 for ERP 6.0

--->SAP Application Server AS JAVA

I am having the Enhancement Package 6 for ERP 6.0 both ABAP Based components and Java Based components

But i want to install the the JAVA stack SAP

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya

Go to https://service.sap.com/guidefinder(require SAP S-user id)select the you OS/DB,SAP NW version 7.3 and task - installation  press the search you can find the detailed installation & right SWPM guide as mention in the below screen shot

Check and give me your feedback

Regards

SS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP is not supporting dual stack(ABA{+JAVA) system in SAP ERP. when you are install the new SAP ERP system. you have to install the ABAP & JAVA as a separate system and then do the integration. some of the few system only supported dual stack(ABA{+JAVA)(Solution Manager. SAP PO/PI)

Kindly refer the SAP Note & KBA about dual stack supports

1816819 - Dual Stack support for Business Suite systems

1468349 - SAP Business Suite 7 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 hub systems

1868861 - Dual Stack Installation based on SAP NetWeaver 7.00 using Software Provisioning Manager

BR

SS

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Sriram

I am very thankful to you for the reply you have sent to me

But the scenario was i had already installed the ABAP stack and i am now want to install the java stack And in my  SAP media i have already downloaded the JAVA Components from SMP. But while starting the SAP installation master i am not able to see the Java based central instance for the installation .And i am not known what it was happened .

and I am once adding the screen shot of installation master And It is NW7.03 for the installation.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your info

Are you using SWPM or normal SAPINST old method?

BR

SS

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

I am using the old method i.e SAP Inst

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Use SWPM you can find the SWPM in https://service.sap.com/guidefinder

BR
SS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

i have downloaded the SWPM file  named  (70SWPM10SP06_5-20009707.sar)  and for my knowledge i didnt understood  format as .SAR. And please help me how i have to use the .sar file and how i have to extract the file and use it

please see the screenshot i have downloaded from SMP

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar

You have unzip file by using the command

'SAPCAR -xvf (File name of SWPM )"

BR

SS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link about SWPM

BR

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

can i unzip this file another systems

because i am using a desktop

and it is win 8

is it is possible to unzip in win 8

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do any other system, along with SAR file you have to copy the SAPCAR.EXE file from kernel folder

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

I am very sorry to say that i did not see nay SAPCAR.EXE file in Kernel Folder.Can u please guide me the location of the SAPCAR.EXE location .In whicch file i have to see for that..

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the sapcar.exe file under \usr\sap\SID\sys\exe

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

The above directory we have to search in application server ah ?