cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change the JAVA RT JDBC connection string

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on IdM 7.1, and recently tried to change the password for the mxmc_rt user.  After setting up the new password in our connection strings and testing them successfully, all dispatchers stopped working, even after restarting them and rebuilding them.  After changing the password for MXMC_rt back to the original value, the untouched dispatcher started working again, but the original restarted/rebuilt dispatcher will no longer work at all. 

The strangest part of this is, whenever we try to change the JDBC connection string to remove the port or change the default dispatcher, after rebuilding a dispatcher, the original/old values appear in the JDBC string again.  Clicking refresh at the MXMC level of the console also brings the original values back into the JDBC string.  I know I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to make changes to the JDBC connection string that will "stick" and that may be the issue.

Before we changed the password to the MXMC_RT user, we were able to successfully build and rebuild dispatchers, but not since attempting to change the password, even though we changed it back.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we got the issue resolved.  The original password is now working for the MXMC_RT user in the connection string for all dispatchers.  We must not have been applying the changes correctly.  We will attempt to change the password again and see if the same problems occur and reports back. 

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Keith,

If you have resolved this, please confirm that the issue is fixed and close the thread. 

If not, please let us know what version of IDM (patch level) and database you are using. My guess is there's a typo when generating the new connection string.  Please post a screenshot or cut and paste the working and non working connection strings, along with whatever error messages you are receiving. I've had similar issues with mis-typing IP addresses and of course the password itself!

Heck I've been known to make mistakes with 1 letter passwords in demonstrations

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the latest update for this issue. 
We made another attempt at changing the MXMC_RT password again, but when we changed the password in the JDBC string and recreated our dispatcher scripts, the test for that dispatcher failed again.

So we set the password back to the original value, clicked finish and apply, then regenerated the dispatcher scripts once again.  Even with the old password the dispatch test failed at first.

However, when I delete the PORT while resetting the password when creating the JDBC string, then recreate the dispatcher scripts, the dispatcher works.  What's strange about this is, the default port that it "inserts" is the same as the value we had hard coded (1433).
Next, we will change the password and try this step again (deleting the port) and see if the new password is finally accepted.  I will report back here and if successful close this item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have successfully changed the MXMC_RT password and gotten our dispatchers running again.  Just as I suspected, we needed to clear out the port field when building the JDBC connection string, even though it already had the default port in the port entry field and the resulting connection string looked identical either way.  Go figure. Just another IdM mystery that may never be solved.  Just always remember to clear out the port when building the string and everything should work.

Answers (0)