cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition records for batch determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team ,

Request to help me out for the below points  with regard to batch determination .

1. At the condition records maintenance we have options for several key combinations like Plant , Plant/Material , movement type/plant /material etc... If we have more than one key combination maintained which will take the priority at batch determination check ? do we have option some where to define this priority ?

2. If  we maintain multiple strategies for example strategy ME01 and ME02 , how the usage priority works between them ?

3. At below t codes we maintain the condition records

For Inventory management - MBC1 – Create, MBC2 – Change, MBC3 – Display

For production Order /Process order - COB1 – Create, COB2 – Change, COB3 – Display

For Sales and Distribution - VCH1 – Create, VCH2 – Change, VCH3 - Display

For Warehouse Management - LS51 – Create, LS52 – Change, LS53 – Display

what is the difference in maintaining the condition records at Inventory management for a plan/materials for example to at Production order  for a raw material point of view ?

For example if at a Plant  M1 is a raw material  which goes as component at Finished good F1 manufactured through process order type P1. Then if we maintain the condition records at MBC1 for the raw material , then at process order P1 , batch determination for M1 happens based on the condition records at MBC1 .

What condition records we maintain at COB1  in this context ? Is this for process order header material batch determination ? if so where it is used as for delivery again we maintain the condition records at VCH1

Could you please help me in getting clarified on these ?

Thanks ,

MK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello!

Is there any table to see all the entries maintained in MBC1?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Sunny

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi MK,
Let me ask your three points:
1- The priority is the sequence. This is clearly defined by the access number.
2- The priority is also defined by the sequence. ME01 has more priority than ME02, and ME02 has more priority than ME03.
As you can read in this article:
Batch determination access sequences have multiple condition tables (key combinations) assigned in a sequence of priority. This facility allows you to create data for many key combinations so that even if the search of batches fails on the first key combination condition the rest in the priority would help in search.
3- The difference are the business processes in which you apply the batch determination:

For Inventory management - MBC1 – Create, MBC2 – Change, MBC3 – Display

For production Order /Process order - COB1 – Create, COB2 – Change, COB3 – Display

For Sales and Distribution - VCH1 – Create, VCH2 – Change, VCH3 - Display

For Warehouse Management - LS51 – Create, LS52 – Change, LS53 – Display

So for example, if you want to setup the batch determination at the process order release, then you will maintain the conditions in COB1.
If you want to determine the batch at the delivery or sales order, then you will maintain your conditions using VCH1, etc.. etc..
Kind Regards,
Mariano
kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MK,

The main difference between MBC1,COB1 and VCH1 are through MBC1 components batch determination happens at order confirmation level or during good issue.

If you want components batch determination to happen at order creation or release stage prior to components good issue we maintain batch search strategy in COB1.

Please note both MBC1 and COB1 are used for only components batch determination in production/process order not for header material.

Header material batch creation cab be done at order release and goods receipt stage.

VCH1 condition records are required for batch determination during sales deliveries for sales order items.

BR

KK