cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori: Resetting a group in launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a possibility to reset a group by dragging it down to the corner and confirming to reset. This comes in handy if the user mistakenly deletes a tile from the group.

We went live recently with few applications under a group. Now we have developed a new fiori app and we want to use the existing group and add the new fiori app as a new tile. However, here is where the problem is.

Unless you reset the group from your launchpad, the new tile will not show up. This poses a go-live execution dilemma, since we do not want our users to be needing to drag and reset the groups to see the new tile.

This is a usability issue for us and users won't appreciate doing this every time we have a new app for them. Does anyone have a solution for this? Any way to reset the groups for all users in our system? How can we avoid telling the users to do it themselves?

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182739
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To add on that:

Your request is to be able to see a tile that was added by the administrator to the group, without reseting the group.

This is a very nice feature request that we will raise it to the product owners.

In addition, I’d like to invite you to the JAM group where we collaborate with FLP customers and specify the requirements coming from them.

Those requirements are tracked by us, and from time to time we are having a customer council feedback forum. You are welcome to join as well. 

Thanks,

Inbal Sabag, Customer Success Expert

Outbound Product Management – Cloud Experience

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inbal,

how can I apply to be invited to this JAM group?

Regards

Wolfgang

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I see that resetting a group by system admin is valid requirement.

I guess there is a table which holds personalize tile/group setting. If you delete it, I expect the group is loaded from system definition and not from personalized one.

When you reset a group, delete method is called then personalise page is loaded with $expand option.

/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('SAP_MM_BCG_Buyer_X1')

Delete

/IWBEP/IF_MGW_CORE_SRV_RUNTIME~DELETE_ENTITY

/IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~DELETE_ENTITY

/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages('SAP_MM_BCG_Buyer_X1')?$expand=Bags/Properties,PageChipInstances/Chip/ChipBags/ChipProperties,PageChipInstances/RemoteCatalog,PageChipInstances/ChipInstanceBags/ChipInstanceProperties

Get

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I traced the OData payload and after a quick debugging, i found that the whole thing is actually cache dependent.

/sap/opu/odata/UI2/PAGE_BUILDER_PERS/Pages

/IWBEP/IF_MGW_APPL_SRV_RUNTIME~GET_ENTITYSET

This is called when the launchpad is loaded. It checks if the cache is enabled and it brings the tiles of the group from the cache instead of the database if enabled.

I was also able to find a possible solution to my problem but i am a bit confused with the end results.

I ran the report /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE just once and now the cache gets updated automatically every time i add or delete a tile to the group using /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html?scope=CUST. So as a result of that, the changes get reflected without resetting the group from the launchpad. just a refresh of the launchpad(keyboard F5) is enough!

Is this what the report is intended to do? If not, do you think this is the actual intended behavior of this report?

Regards,

Varun