cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining last count date when the Stock is moved bin to Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The  Raw material Warehouse is for  procurement and staging to manufacturing

When the cycle count program runs ,(RLINV050) updates the last count date. However this last count date is not retained if the Material/Batch is moved to another bin in the warehouse.
Due to this the cycle count is again proposed for the same item when its moved.

The recreation of cycle counts each time something is moved is a problem.

Is there a setup available to change or should that be an enhancement in Put away to update the last count date.

Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks in advance
Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you move a quant, then the old quant gets deleted and a new quant gets created, a new quant does not have a count date.

In WM cycle count inventory you actually count by bin, anytime you get a new quant into a bin this bin becomes due to be counted with all its items. Especially with mixed storage allowed you count the same materials much more often.

For me it is actually not really a normal process to move goods around in the warehouse. Usually you put it away to a bin, and then you pick it for consumption or shipping, but moving from one bin to another should be an exception.

To my knowledge there is nothing in standard that would allow to copy the last physical inventory date over from quant to quant. So you may need to look for an enhancement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen L.

You are correct. Its not a normal process to move around stock. This is manufacturing Rawmateril Warehouse.

Business procures , moves the stock to production and back to the warehouse.

We have activated the Stock putaway date as the date if the last count date is not there in LQUA.

I am not sure, why there are so many movements (Bin to Bin) to reorganize the stock situation.

I will talk to business on that. If there is really a compelling case, that the stock has to be moved within the warehouse many times, then like you said, a put away enhancement is the option that we will go for.

Thanks for the quick response.