cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA SHARED FULL

0 Kudos

Hello,

my /hana/shared partition is FULL, directory /hana/shared/NDB/HDB00/backup/log is 37 GB of a 64 GB partition (due to the 64 GB of machine's RAM), sometimes backup (used with cron) is failling due to i.e.:

/bin/rm: cannot remove `/usr/sap/NDB/HDB00/backup/log/log_backup_4_0_99975680_100183936.1406202958758': No such file or directory

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to schedule a corntab job that dletes the exisitng old backups(let say 10 days older) other wise your disk will get fulled up and there will be shortage of disk space. I have encountred this problem many time and then decided to schedule a corn jobs that will clean up the old logs in /backup/log. I dint understood why SAP havent kept a parmater to clean up those.

In most of the blog everyone is talkingabout the logs volumes that are present in /hana/log and not about the logs that are present in /hana/shared/sid/hdbxx/backup/log directory. 

P.S: you should be having completed data backup daily (ofcousrse yes )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Move the log files to other free location and Please create a soft link.

This will help temporarily.

Regards,

DK

0 Kudos

Hello again,

my mount point /hana/shared is 100% FULL due to  /hana/shared/NDB/HDB00/backup/log

Any idea?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SAP Note 2083715 which provides a good overview what to do in case of "log full" situations.