cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Determination based on both Customer and End User who belongs to different countries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to get license check process based on Customer ( Belongs to France ) and End User ( China ) .

But , system is performing Legal Control Export ( License Checks ) only at one customer level i.e only for France . Can you pls suggest what configuration is needed to get license check for both customer and End user when they belongs to two different countries .

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Could you say more about how that need arises?  What kind of licence are you trying to model in the system?

Thanks & regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

We have SP,BP,SH and PY who belongs to France and EN ( End User ) who belongs to China ,

now when we are executing the transactions GTS system only screening License check for the country France and not performing any license check for the country China to which EN user belongs .

Now our requirement is , GTS Legal control Export i.e license check need to happen for both the countries into consideration .

Request you let me if you need any additional details in this regard .

krish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I already understood your system requirement, but I'm asking about the business requirement.  WHY are you finding it necessary to check both ends of the supply chain?  What sort of License are you trying to model here?

Regards,

Dave

jatin_sharma2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Even I have also the similar requirement with my client. As per his business they want to make sure that they are fully compliance when they are exporting some goods. Then want to make sure that when they are shipping any good, licence check is happening for both 'Bill to party' and 'End User'.

For example Company A is having license for sending some precious material to Company B which is located in UK (Bill to Party). But the Company B  is going to use that material in Syria.

Now Company A is not having any license for that material for Syria.

So they want to stop or identify those type of transactions.

Regards,

Jatin

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

Yes, I can understand that scenario, but the concern there is surely just that you need to check the End-User.  In that situation, why would company B need a licence for the UK?  Again, exactly what kind of licence are you referring to?

It begins to sound more like a "Re-Export" scenario, which GTS also supports.  Or am I still missing the point?

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

In the IMG activity "Control Settings for Legal Regulation", there's a check-box "Check All Partner Functions in Partner Group and Document", and I think that will achieve your aim - using that control, the Licence Check will be made for each Partner (and therefore Country) in the Partner Group assigned to the Licence.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

jatin_sharma2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I am new to GTS, so may be not very clear in business process. But I will try to explain you as much as I have understood the requirement...

I am not concern whether Company B need a licence or not. Here what I need to make sure that all partner functions should to be in compliance with U.S. export laws.

In current scenario, what is happening that standard logic looks at Partner functions in a Export Partner Group for Export License determination "PGLDT2" in sequential order.  Once it finds one of the relevant partners on a order it stops and doesn't continue to the next in the sequence.

Regards,

Jatin Sharma

jatin_sharma2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

This is what I have maintained as per your suggestion but no luck. Pls have a look and let me know if I am missing some thing.

Regards,

Jatin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

The setup that you are referring to will definitely help in matching a license with multiple partner functions.

A particular license will be determined only if the all the partner functions mentioned in the group is matching with the partners in the license and customs document. Do you think its not behaving that way?

Or are you looking for another kind of check as described below ?

Example

Legal regulation

1) EAR

Partner country determined as France

License check with respect to France

2) EAR

Partner country determined as China

License check with respect to China

Probably you will need 2 different legal regulation then. With one setup to determine destination country with Ship to and the other one setup to determine destination country with End user.

Is this what you are expecting?

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

What kind of licence are you referring to, please?

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

And what about the setting that I mentioned above ("Check All Partner Functions in Partner Group and Document").  Is that flag set, or not?

Regards,

Dave