Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM-HU: Pre-picked HUs in outbound delivery

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are considering a new bussiness process in a WM-HU managed scenario. Customer label are currently printed after TO confirmation (when the picked HU is packed into the OD). It means that a second process is needed to replace the internal label with the customer one. In addition, until the HU is not assigned to the delivery, the new label cannot be printed.

In order to solve these inconvenients, we have tried to find out the way to create "prepack" the outbound deliveries before make the picking. It sounds strange, but I have read something similar in the SAP Help Portal:

Putting Away, Picking, and Transferring Pre-Packed HUs - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Lib...

I am not sure if we are following the correct way or there is another solution for this issue.

Any suggestion/help is welcome.

Regards

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I would suggest you using the LM45 on RF to pick the quantities to a preprinted/pre-created HU.

Use HU02 prior to picking to create/print the HU, and then use it during picking. Try it out it's very easy and straight forward. It will solve your requirement if I understood your question as it's supposed to.

You will need to set up the HU printout (if it already isn't set up), and activate pick & pack in your HU/WM config, but that's fairly easy to do...

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Mihailo.

But you suggest create an "empty" HU (pick HU) and then use LM45, don't you??

We rejected this option because the label must be printed with the correct material and quantity.

Any idea?

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah didn't understand your requirement the first time.
Yes, you can't use HU02 => LM45 then.

I didn't have any experience with the process you linked in your first post.
If something crosses my mind I'll be back here to share with you.

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mihailo.

What we are trying to get is print customer labels in advance (before confirm the TOs), because currently operators have to confirm the TOs, print the confirmed HUs and finally put the labels in the correct container.

In task 3 we run the risk of match a customer label with the wrong container.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pablo,

please, have you found any solution for this problem/process? I'm having the same problem.

Thank you very much for your replay.

Regards

Radek