cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: How does extra TAB action works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

In Tab control one can check the "Tab cach enabled" to add extra actions. As did for a Script Button, I add simple script, such as displaying a value in a text box, inside such an extra action of the Tab control.

But no matter I click the Tabs or reload the UI, the action did not happen. Can anyone explain:

1. Did I do the right way to add actions for Tab control? and why doesn't my implementation work?

2. How does Tab action work normally?

Thanks a lot!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Additional actions in tab caching window is for performing simple actions such as clicking on ok/cancel button in popups etc if any during tab caching to allow tab caching to proceed further (otherwise tab caching fails due to popup). Please note, the actions are triggered for every tab cached and hence can be expensive. So it is recommended to use this additional actions only when required.

For displaying value in text box, I would suggest you to use script button.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the Additional Actions options in tab caching are quite limited as Chinthan said and you cannot press a script button using them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan and Tamas,

Thanks for the comments. Set to "Correct" and "Helpful" answers.

Br,

Dong

former_member227285
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am trying to do the same. I could put a couple of steps in additional actions:

- Check if a particular field is empty

- If yes, then push a script button

- Script button has just one line, to default the same empty field to today's date

Unfortunately the script button is not being pushed. Although, I know tab caching is happening and that should call the additional actions.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Additional action push action wont work on script buttons because it would mean supporting all scripting actions in additional action .

Thanks

Chinthan