Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Commercial Invoice with reference to sales order

former_member407278
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Scenario in Local Sales/Exports Business Process

Created Sales Order

Proforma invoice reference to SO( Ex:100001-invoice no)

Any modification in Sales order like Quantity/Prices/Additinal discounts ,system generates another proforma (Ex:100002),and while taking

the printoutput system refers 1st proforma invoice no all the time.As invoice with different no's will not accept local  sales depots/customs dept.

After approval from depots/customs:

Delivery order creation

Goods Issue

Final Invoice(Ex :200001)

While taking the output of final invoice  also system will generate the 1st proforma invoice no.

Now the problem while submitting the invoice to accounts dept(FI)for submitting to sales tax ,referring 1st proforma invoice no ,but for the 1st invoice no accounting document generated as it is a proforma.

So Any possibility to create commercial invoice based  on  sales order without delivery/pgi.

Any user exit/enhancement to be done for Sales order  to final invoice creation(Before delivery)

Referring the same no while generating  the final invoice also(After delivery)

Thanks & Regards,

Kumarbabu.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumarbabu,

you can create an invoice from a sales order by setting properly the item category (Blling relevance B or C).

Rgds,
Enrico.

0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

As per my business requirement , i will create invoice  from Sales order(Billing relevance B or C)before delivery and submit the same in respective dept for approval and then create delivery,goods issue

how to create invoice  again  with respect to delivery.(Billing relevance A)

Pls explain how to map this

Pls confirm referring Billinng relevance as B or C for invoice creation,will system generate accounting document.

And how to generate acccounting document after delivery and goods issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumarbabu

0 Kudos

Hi,

no you can only invoice once so if you go for order related billing you can not invoice the delivery note.

Withe billing relevance B/C the delivery is not relevant for billing at all.

I confirm that with billing relevance B or C the system creates the accounting document.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
While taking the output of final invoice  also system will generate the 1st proforma invoice no.

How come your proforma invoice number and commercial invoice number be the same?   Ideally, it should have been different.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Internally in system both documents having different numbers series.

While executing the output ,we are printing only the 1st proforma no for submitting to all depts.

Reason, local sales depots for invoice verification and exports for customs approval before stuffing the goods before delivering the goods.

Now the problem is while submitting the 1st proforma no to FI dept internally for submitting to sales tax

accounting document not generating for proforma.

Pls explain how to match the requirement as per the above scenario.

Can we create sales order reference biling immediately after sales order creation ,before delivery and goods issue

COGS document will generate during goods issue and if accounting document generates before delivery

how to tally both.

Thanks & Regards.

KumarBabu.

0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Pls help me to solve the below issue as the scenario is bit complex.

Myself configured as Sales order>>>Proforma invoice >>>Delivery>>>Goods Issue>>>Final  invoice.

Any changes in sales order,system generates new proforma invoice no and when submitting to depot output we print as 1st invoice no ,as sales depots will not accept any change in invoice no.

After approval from depot we do the collective delivery(VL10) and collective goods issue(VL06G) and collective billing(VF04) and system generates one invoice per sold to party.

When taking the output of  final commercial invoice also  system generates 1st proforma invoice  no(as for submission to sales tax dept for FI)

Now the problem is no accounting document generates for proforma invoice .

How the accounting dept compares the proforma invoice where no accounting generated.

How to create invoice directly from sales order (Billing relevance-B or C in item category)

As per my client requirement,invoice to be submitted after sales order creation.After approval from depot only we need to deliver and do the goods  issue.

Can i create order related billing immediately after sales order creatio.

How system creates COGS document during PGI.ie Cogs after invoicing.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumarbabu

0 Kudos

Since your requirement is fetching the proforma reference in the output, you can ask your ABAP team to add this logic in the existing smart form being used for that billing output.

For accounting purpose, you can add one more output as email for that proforma but here, I would like ask one question.  What will happen where there was some change in quantity subsequent to creation of first proforma.  Here, obviously, there would be difference in billing value also.

If you look at the above instance, let us asume your client finance department files sales tax based on the first proforma, from statutory point of view, your client are deviating the law.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

In clarification to previous mail when ever there is change in quantity in subsequent creation of proforma,system will capture the 1st invoice no ,with all the changes done in latest document.

For both proforma and commercial  invoice system will generate the 1st invoice no.

Instead of creating proforma invoice reference with sales order can we configure in the below way.

Sales order creation

Invoice creation-- Billing relevace B or C(Order related in VOV7)
Delivery creation

Post Goods issue

For submittting to Sales depots and to FI Dept for sales tax filing can i refer the same order related invoice.

How COGS document will generate after posting the document to Accounting prior to delivery creation.

Please help me if any complications in mapping the 2nd scenrio.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumarbabu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkata,

Your requirement is not clear.

In output if you want to populate the actual invoice no. (and not proforma), that is very well possible. The logic in the print program (assigned to the output type) should extract the billing document no. based on

- Document flow table (VBFA)

- Billing type of actual invoice

Final Invoice(Ex :200001)

Now the problem while submitting the invoice to accounts dept(FI)for submitting to sales tax ,referring 1st proforma invoice no ,but for the 1st invoice no accounting document generated as it is a proforma.

TW