Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Se80 transaction layout "This program cannot display the webpage"

anderson_cardozo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, masters of sap.

I have a minisap and i´m learning WDA, but the se80 transaction in layout show me "This program cannot display the webpage". How can to fix this problem.

The minisap version is netweaver abap 7.31

Enclose picture

Thanks for your answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anderson,

This is the common problem for the first time users of Webdynpro ABAP, even I faced the same when I was learning. It is related to FQDN . SAP uses system parameter icm/host_name_full to determine the FQDN for your webdynpro applications.

What you can do is you  need to update your HOST files and also add the exceptions in the Proxy settings (Optional).

You need to update your host file with the IP address,

a) Go to SE80, select your WD application at least of your component, double click on it and on the right hand side,  note the URL link, before : 800 .

b) Find the IP address and the system instance of your SAP server by viewing the properties of the server on the logon pad..

c) Modify your HOSTS windows file to include the SAP server address.

Click on start -> Run-> drivers.

In the drivers folder you have a folder named etc, double click and enter the folder.

You will find a file name hosts (open it with notepad and add the respected entries)

Note : You need to have admin access to change the host file (as it is your local PC , it wont be a problem for you)

d) Add the following line to the HOSTS windows file (like for eg. 140.240.....<server_address> <tab> <domain> <tab> <host>.

e) Save the modified HOSTS windows file to the same folder. and restart the IE.

Now the Layout will work for you.

Reward points if it helps and do let me know If I am wrong somewhere so that I can update myself.

Regards,

Aakash Awasthi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anderson_cardozo
Participant
0 Kudos

Also was necessary enabled http port 8000 (smicm transaction), and the issue was resolved.

Thank you, Kartik and Aakash!.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anderson,

It seems you have opened the WD View for the first time, so not a problem.

You need to add a HOST file entry for the WD application System destination.

You need to visit the location "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" and then add an entry in the file named hosts with a new entry :

<ip address e.g 192.168.4.804>     <system instance name e.g demoserver>     <system url e.g demoserver.demo.com>

You will need to have admin access to change the host file entry.

This solved my problem for me and most of my colleagues.Hope it helps you too.

Thanks and Regards,

Kartik Suru