Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG: Validation error

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

1. During creation of material, When I click "Check" it gives me lot of validation errors saying those field values are missing. But, the error

remains same as warning after I provide values to those fields. What might be the issue?

2. Is there a standard validations available by default for Material. If so, how to check that?
I'm getting few validation errors for which I haven't configure any. Where should I check such

error messages?

3. In Create Material, the individual expand option is not working for entities. Only Expand all works. Is it a

browser issue or any other issue(I'm using IE8)

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

1.Can you post screen shot for this? You can check also Configure change request steps in Process Modeling IMG node for respective models enhacement spot.

2. Same as point no 1. All  validation defined in backend ECC are used in MDG plus additional MDG validations if any (Defined in Validations and Derivations)

3.It should work. Can you reinstall brower again?

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

When you say validations defined in backend ECC, how can I check those valiations?

Can I modify those validations?

Best Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

You can confirm in ECC itsle not in MDG.You can modify or drill down it further in MDG under Validation and Derviations.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

1. Can I see those validations in ECC where it is been written or configured? How can I see it? Any transactions? Could you mention that?

2. How can I modify the existing validations in MDG? you mean to say for the attributes which are throwing error, I have to write an validations to bypass it?

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

1. For ECC validation purpose, you can find it in SAP Program for respectine transactions. You can take help on abaper for this.

2. For MDG validations please refer to How to Check or Derive an Attribute Value in MDG Using BRFPlus and Check and derivation rules

Have one logical question? Do you want to bypass ECC validations in MDG?

Basic behind this is all confiuration is done in backend ECc and used in MDG also.

So even if you try to bypass validation upto reviwer step (Possible in node Congigure properties for Change Request Step) CR give error at the time og activation of CR.

You can build add on validation in MDG but basic validations bulit in ECC are not suppoosed to be bypass.

Hope this clears.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your reply. It helps.

The problem actually I'm facing is while setting up the MDG system system copy is made from another SAP system where bunch of materials available to it. On top of that I assume standard validations are also moved to the MDG system.

Now I'm seeing a way to bypass un-necessary validations which is not relevant for my material creation scenario.

Is there a way to identify those and bypass it?

Thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Not recommanded but you take help from abaper and bypass them in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

If your post is compeleted, can you close the thread?