cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Agentry App version is not getting update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since yesterday I have a problem trying to upload a new agentry app version to the server SMP3. The new version is not getting updated meaning after the server's re-start, the version which keep "active" is the last one not the new one. I have done the "publish" or deploy like 50 times before and all works fine until yesterday. The type of publish is production and I upload it through the cockpit... with a ZIP which contains the new app version and the agentry ini and the new production version of the app... how can I get this solved???

The app is Inventory Manager customization... My versions:

SMP 3.0 SP 3

IM 4.0

Agentry editor Agentry_7.0.0.537_EditorPlugin_x86

BR,

MC

PS: the cockpit stops showing the message successfully upload new agentry app version message....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mariana,

Can you answer few questions to analyze your issue further.

1) Are you using clustering for SMP server ?

2 What is the database your using for SMP Production version ?

3)  Are you seeing with database errors in log files?  Check OSGI.log file under Server/log folder.

4) if your seeing database issues - Can you  review your  database memory and cache settings ?

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju.

This server is a development server (installation development type) where I test the changes i'm working on... To configure the App i have followed the Mark Pe Quick start guide... After the configuration as the server on the agentry ini was not set for development (That parameter value is false), I started to test my changes with new production versions (minor changes) of the apps. The thing is ... I was uploading the new versions just fine until yesterday.... the cockpit stopped to showing the successful message and the latest versión stopped to be active on the environment... Now in answer to your questions:

1) That smp is not in clustering environment.

2) The SMP I have problem with is a development environment with derby database. I have a production server as well but I dont have problem with that server. We installed the production server with oracle

3) I have a osgi.log ....but i can not see any database issues there....

After all this been said, I have made it work but in a drastic way: I had to delete all the App from the cockpit... and re-generate the App and it's configuration again... after that, I have uploaded the latest versión .... and it worked, the versión was updated... why suddenly the App got corrupted?

BR,

MC

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

I posted a new blog that you should check out. All tied to the agentry.ini (production versus development - read the links too to get an idea what is required with respect to the agentry.ini).

This should answer most of your questions above.

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok if I have a remote smp server... how can I publish a development versión?... just generate the files locally on my machine and then paste it on the server... because obviously i wont be able to override the base files on that remote server...

BR,

Mariana

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mariana,

You would typically map a drive from the remote server to your machine with the Editor.  Or install the editor on the remote machine (assuming it is windows based) and publish from there.

For development, most of the time we use a local server that also connects to the same backend.  That way we can control startup / restarts and publish locally to test.  When ready we can then migrate to the next environment (typically as a production version).

--Bill

Answers (0)