Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT will not commit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a strange issue.

when posting with BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT and setting the commit flag on the configuration screen, or by setting the commit as part of the configuration link, "Boolean true", everything executes getting back a message confirmation saved, but it is not committing the posting.

Running MII 14 sp2, ECC 6, not sure what level but the MII is a new install and ECC has been existing for a while.

Any idea what is going on?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I got the problem solved.

BAD DATA!!!

The Proc.Orders we had will not post, I got a new number to test with and in posted!.

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Andy , Try to call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT through Jco after TT bapi call and see if that works.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you try like this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried that to, Made no difference, I think it is a connector/SP2/SAP issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Are you trying to post data to SAP in a repeated fashion using any kind of loop?

Because there were instances when the posting was being done repeatedly and BAPI in such cases returns a success flag, but in actual the confirmation does not get saved, as the SAP system takes some time to process each request from MII. This issue was resolved by giving some 4-5 seconds pause in between different calls of the BAPI.

Thanks,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not a nice solution, but you can try to put a Pause action block that will wait a while before the commit action block

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know there are some SAP notes related to issues with JCo in the earlier 14.0 releases.

I know when we first migrated from 12 to 14 we had similar issues ( bapi call failing no error but in our case no success in the bapi return either ) and had to go in and manually fix/redo the JCo actions in our transactions in each system. After patching this was no longer an issue.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

The ERP system receives the Confirmation and queues it up to be processed.  It is the nature of the confirmation process there.  Unfortunately we normally expect BAPIs to execute synchronously, but in this case, the BAPI itself does not complete the confirmation.  It only determines a confirmation number which then takes anywhere from a few seconds to as much as 30 minutes to complete on the ERP side.

A simple test is to open ERP to the Confirmation screen and keep checking the confirmation number returned to see how long it normally takes (or use MII to do the same).  I do not remember any times where the confirmation failed on the ERP side as there is a fairly good input screen in place to reject a bad confirmation.  Not saying it never happens, but I have not seen it happen that way previously.  So it is probably pretty rare.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try to explain it again.

BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_TT only transfers the confirmation information to ERP.  The confirmation then gets queued up in ERP to be processed according to priority within ERP.  This is why you get the message "Confirmation Saved" and not a Success message.

This was explained to me years ago (like 7?) as the actual processing of a confirmation involves many different functions within ERP and that having the BAPI wait until it fully completes ties up ERP and locks a bunch of different tables.  So it is only saved for background processing.  Depending on the priorities set and other processing going on, it can take a few seconds to much more to finally complete.

Might want to bounce it off an ABAP programmer instead of MII savvy folks.  They can tell more about how the BAPI actually executes.

Regards, Mike

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby