cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAR- how and why

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Moderators: Please do not delete , saying I need to go through Forum or any other reason. I have been through Forum, but none answers this.

Hi All,

This may sound silly, but i would like to know the fundamental of UAR. There are lot of documents and i went through User Access Review(UAR) Workflow Configuration and Description - Governance, Risk and Compliance - S...and Config guide and discussions,  but none of them describes, how UAR comes into picture. So, below is my understanding. Please rectify, if incorrect.

Steps:

- Access requests which have not been approved, are considered for review, and this is done through Background Scheduler. This Scheduler , runs the program 'Generate data for Access request UAR review.' So, i think this data must be pending UAR requests. So, i ran the scheduler. But no spool file was generated, although i have a pending request, and i have few roles imported, with Role Owners, assigned. The role in the Pending request has a Role owner assigned.But, I do not understand the connection between Pending requests and Roles imported

- Then i ran NWBC-> Access Management->Compliance Certification Reviews-> Request Review,  as per the above link, but i did not get any requests.

- I also understand that Modification of these requests, will initiate a workflow(MSMP).

Please suggest on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plaban,

UAR has nothing to do with Access Requests which have not been approved. User Access Review is  a tool to review the access currently assigned to users and recertify that the users' access continues to be appropriate, and reject and remove what is no longer appropriate. Not everyone uses this part of the GRC system. UAR Requests are their own request type, and some configuration is needed, including parameters to be set. Configuring the workflow is not all there is to it.

Good luck,

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

Thank you, and i am looking for the meaning of ''Generate data for Access request UAR review.'  What data does it generate? As per you, it would be all users in all Connectors, and having roles assigned to them, irrespective of having Risks.

Could you please also say, where does NWBC-> Access Management->Compliance Certification Reviews-> Request Review, picks request from

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban, you should really have a look in the reference guide from SAP which describes in detail how UAR works. unfortunately, i cannot post the direct link as i am posting via phone. google 'sap grc uar reference guide' and you will get the document.

Let us know if you need further details.

Best regards,

Alessandro

alessandr0
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured as per steps in the above link. But, there are still no UAR requests, generated. However, i would like to show my understanding on UAR.

- The 4 programs ( GRAC_ROLEREP_ROLE_SYNC, GRAC_ROLEREP_USER_SYNC, GRAC_ACTION_USAGE_SYNC,GRAC_ROLE_USAGE_SYNC ) , update the GRC system, with roles assigned and roles used for all users

- The job scheduled through Background scheduler triggers the workflow of UAR. Although i do not understand the program it has

- THE UAR workflow, creates requests.

Note: i have not used Notification setting, for UAR.As i do not email, for UAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

You need to go though with the document link provided by Alessandro.

It has all the answers to your queries.

Those four jobs are used to update GRC with the users' and roles' and other details from all the integrated satellite connectors.

Unless you configure the workflow for the email notifications and reminder workflows the UAR workflow will not br established.

Go through the document carefully and understand the concepts.

let us know for any further assistance.

Regards,

Ameet