cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartops (SAP EIS) implementation

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Can any one share their experiences of implementing / support this inventory optimization software from SAP Smartops.

i would like to know from a technical and functional perspective assuming the planning system is SAP APO.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dymonselise
Explorer
0 Kudos

we have implemented EIS to ECC and have been running for 8 months .

Dan

0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

Could you share the results of EIS project with us?

Have you integrated EIS with ECC system using SAP connector? If yes, could you list all the activities you had to do with some details?

Thank you.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

we are doing it in pilot currently for a certain number of locations in our supply chain network

we are generating custom .DAT files (over 16 of them) .

dymonselise
Explorer
0 Kudos

we are implementing the project in Business units step

we didn't use SAP connector  we learned  from it and created our own

there are many activities/tables  high level :

- create tables: deployed materials / BOM / lead time /GR lead time / Forecast /Sales history /

-  Audit reports to check Master data prior to run to prevent hard stop

there is more..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anna,

Can you tell me exactly what company you are working for and who your client is?

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anna, I am an implementation consultant for EIS at SAP and have a good deal of information that can start to answer your question but you likely want to talk to a customer from the sound of your question.  Can you be more specific describing what you are looking for so I can direct you to someone who can answer your questions satisfactorily.  "Sharing experience" is a very broad question.  We have users group meetings every year so our active users can come together and do exactly that both informally and through prepared presentation on many topics.

AA3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Thanks for your response, I am actually looking for technical details in terms of integration with SAP APO and the ECC system.

What information is needed from existing ECC and APO systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at slide number 4 of this presentation. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57055.  It shows all the data that can be used by an EIS model.  That data can come from any source but it should be accurate, maintained and sustainable.  For our customers who are using ECC and APO, almost all the information comes from these SAP systems.  We have a tool kit called the SAP Connector which is a series of BAPI's to extract data from ECC and APO and also place EIS results back into ECC and APO.  We also have tables showing the recommended data sources for each field in EIS, but every implementation is different because of the ways each business configures and uses ECC and APO.   EIS also works with non-SAP systems as long as you can extract the required data in required to run in our model.

0 Kudos

Hello David,

Thanks for your explanation. It would be great to have a look at tables with the recommended data sources for each field in EIS.

Could you share them with us?

0 Kudos

It seems to me here they are under Useful Links -> EIS Data Dictionaries, Settings, and EEC/APO spreadsheets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anna,

You are correct, the Gateway Mapping spreadsheet is exactly what you are looking for.  Who is the customer you are doing this for?

0 Kudos

David,

I just investigate EIS opportunities to have the fullest idea of this product. Could you add me to your friend list to let me send you a message? Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

I am now following you too so we should be able to send messages and share SCN material.  If you need some support for the EIS opportunities you have, feel free to let me know.

David