cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Configuration of custom Context Objects: is it possible?

Former Member

Guys,

is it possible to use Dynamic Configuration for custom Context Objects as we normally do to technical context objects?

Also, is it possible to use a context object in receiver determination, even if it is not assigned to a message interface?

My case: I need to use condition at receiver determination but I dont want to read a field from payload. Instead, I want to write that context object with dynamic configuration and use it at receiver determination runtime.

I want to do this in order to avoid having to extend the payload's message type because of this extra field for condition (actually, its not that I dont want to, its that I cant. The message type is defined by 3rd party and cant be changed). If it is possible to keep that information at header instead of payload, it'd be great.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Henrique.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

did you see my blog about "Z" dynamic config ?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/09/xi-dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules--one-step-further

maybe it will give you some info

Hope I got your idea

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Michal,

now that's what I was talking about! 😄

Just a last comment: do you need to deploy any code for the adapter on SDM or just the "fake adapter metadata file" is enough?

Kind Regards,

Henrique.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>>Just a last comment: do you need to deploy any code for the adapter on SDM or just the "fake adapter metadata file" is enough?

no SDM

just the metadata file as per my blog

glad this is what you wanted

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Full points awarded.

Thank you very much,

Henrique.

Answers (0)