cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting the SRM-Backend with the Portal through Reverse Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am at the end of ideas. We have problems of integreating the SRM-Webdynpro for selecting an external catalog in the portal. A schema of our infrastructure can you see here.

There are different behaviour for the WebDynpro-Application, where you can select an external catalog.

When we configure the Portal to call the SRM Backend trough the Webdispatcher, then you can use the Link to the catalog. The webdynpro for catalog selection is called via HTTPS.

But if we configure the Portal to call the SRM Backend through the Reveres Proxy, then you can't the Link to the catalog. By the way, the webdynpro for the catalog selection is called via HTTP. I don't know if this is relevant, but I noticed, that ervery time the catalog Link wasn't functional, the selection was called via HTTP.

So what can be the Problem, that we can't open the catalog, while calling the SRM-Backend through a reverse proxy. What for informations do you also need? Where should I look in the configuration, too? I need new viewpoints on this problem, but a solution may also be fine

Thanks & Greetings,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you maintain the following values in the catalog call in SRM (SPRO):

BYPASS_OUTB_HANDLER X

BYPASS_INB_HANDLER X

When you call an external catalog without these parameters first a call is made from SRM to SRM to create an iframe and then the external catalog is called from that iframe, maybe this interferes with the reverse proxy.

When you bypass this, the external catalog should open directly without any calls to SRM first.

Also take a look at the following document:

It might help .

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robin,

thanks for your reply, but we managed the problem otherwise. Basically we had two causes for the problem.

The first was the different domain of the webdispatcher (Portal) (xx.mycompany.com) and the reverse proxy for the SRM-System (yy.mycompany.com). This produces an "access denied" in one of the SRM-JavaScripts for the IE. It is a main security feature. Solution was an reverse proxy before the webdispatcher (Portal) in the same domain yy.mycompany.com.

The second problem was the HTTP connection between reverse proxy (SRM) and webdispatcher (SRM). So the SRM createt a call with HTTP to the reverse proxy (SRM). But this port doesn't exist there. The reverse proxy (SRM) switch to HTTPS but cut the url path away. Solution was a change from HTTP to HTTPS.

This are the solutions for now. I will look at the document HTTPURLLOC demystified

that you mensioned (Thanks for that), if we could speed up.

Thanks for your help.

Regrads,

Thomas

Answers (0)