Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME - DC group with dependent objects

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

When export DC group do we need to flag DC group with dependent objects?

and what are those dependent objects?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Dependent objects in this case are the ones metioned on Attached tab for the DC Group.

If you want to avoid problems, I would suggest either creating these objects on the target site before the import (then you can export without dependetn objects) or remove the attachments before the export. Otherwise it is likely you will need to manually correct the content of ZIP file before importing.

Regards,

Sergiy

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

So it's mean that dependent objects cannot export together with DC group?

we need to creatd manually dependent objects in target system first?

and is there any way to export dependent objects first then we can export DC group w/o dependent objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you export with the dependent objects checkbox checked, it will export the other objects needed by DC Group, in theory at least. Usually, it makes sense to export the dependent objects since the object will not create if the dependent objects do not exist on the destination. DC Group is quite complex however, and a lot of objects can be deduced to be dependent. For example, if you attach it to a routing, then that needs operations that need resource types etc. With dependent objects checked, I see some 32 other objects exported, and I don't think that list is complete and will depend on your attachment points.

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

it's mean that we should mark dependent objects checkbox when we do first export DC group. So it's automatic created everything together?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In theory, that's the purpose of the checkbox, yes. In practice, it will not work for such a complex object unless you have zero attachment points, no certifications etc.

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

so in my DC group, there are 3 tabs Main, attached and custom data.

so anyway to export data in Main, Attached and custom data tabs pls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could identify all the required table dependencies yourself, and define that data set to export. But you will find that you'll need to export a lot of tables, and may not want all those records/objects in your destination. Also, if the record key exists in the destination, it won't get overwritten, and if the existing record is not defined correctly to support your Data Collection data set, the entire import will fail.

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Would u pls elaborate how to identify all the required table dependencies , and define that data set to export pls?

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Have you already tried to export the DC Group when the checkbox is selected, and then import the ZIP file at the destination site? Is there any error?

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)