cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Lot-Posting incomplete but posted a FICA document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A payment lot was created with the status "Posting incomplete" and there were few items in the  "Not posted" list. When checked one of the accounts, the FICA document was posted for payment, but was NOT referring to the payment lot. The account maintenance happened during the posting and cleared the open items. When tried to close the payment lot and transfer the to GL it failed due to the recon key in the reserved status.  I re-posted the lot which updated with the status "Postings made". The non-posted items got new FICA document and it got updated in the Payment lot item. Now there are 2 payment documents in the account with the same amount.

There is no job failure or any information in the application log. I checked the system log and ST22, but no help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ageetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check unposted records in payment lot.you can see it may stoped eigher 20,40,60 like that.take next 20 BPs and check whether those having disputes or not.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ageetha,

The cleanest option will be to reverse the entire payment lot.

This will reverse the duplicate entries that got posted during the second time.

Once done, send the reconciliation key to FI-GL.

Now with the erroneous payment documents that got cleared with the account maintenance, you

have to first reset clear them and then reverse them

Send the reconciliation key to FI-GL.

This will remove negate all the payment entries from the FI-GL side.

Now post the payment lot once again and transfer the payment lot to Fi-GL.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I did the same as the correction. But my question was, why it happened.

Thank you for the response.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The most common reason for the Incomplete status of the Payment lot is at times during the processing of the payment lot, System does not get sufficient background processes and then in that scenario goes into a incomplete state.

Make sure that when you are processing the payment lot, no other back ground jobs are running,so that payment lot gets all the background processes for posting the payment lot.

Moreover, if such scenario happens, just click on the "Post" button.

Once you do that the status will change from Incomplete to "Direct Postings Stopped".

Don't worry on the status, System starts posting the items once again.

Once its completed, you will find the status as Postings made or Postings made, post processing is required.

I think it might be something related to System issue rather than a functionality issue.

Had it been a functional issue, you would not be able to post the payment lot

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.