Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Material Ship Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

I have the following requirement from the business:

Ability to control when a material can be shipped - business wants to specify specific date ranges that a material can be shipped (i.e. planned GI). If a material's planned GI falls before or after the date range, we want system to throw a message. This scenario is for holiday specials where product is created specifically for the holidays (e.g. Halloween) and business doesn't want the product to be ordered/shipped outside the holiday date range.

I know the latter part of the requirement (i.e. message) might be something custom. But I wanted to see if there was standard way to control when a material was available.

We are NOT using availability check and ATP is turned off (it's a make-to-order scenario).

Any insight on how to meet this requirement is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Have you thought about using Listing/exclusion of the specific products for the specific interval.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashi - yeah I was hoping there was some other functionality. But it seems product listing/exclusion is the way to do this along with some minor customization to tailor it to the business needs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

just set-up your calendar for holiday with SCAL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to control availability by sku. SCAL is across the organization. The requirement is that a handful of 'seasonal' materials are only available at certain date ranges. Any standard way here?