cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Flavours not Avaliable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a backup of my main flavour using the SAP GUI flavour maintenance transaction. The flavour exists but I can't get to it?

When I close that message and try again I just get the basic view.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have had this happen once but I forgot the exact details what caused it

I'm wondering: was the original flavor developed in the same system/client where you made the copy via the admin transaction? Or is this a transported flavor?

I suspect the reason why the flavor looks like the Basic View is that there are no control change entries present for this flavor. So in other words, in table /PERSOS/CONTCHNG there is no entry for this flavor.

My suggestion is to delete the non-working flavor in the admin transaction and try to do the copy again. See if that fixes the situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas.

Hmmm ... /PERSOS/CONTCHNG had entries in it but I found it impossible to figure out if the entries were related to this particular flavour and no time stamps either to help.

That said I took your advice and repeated the exercise and this time it worked! Very curious and frustrating but I'm up and running again which is the main thing.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Regards.

Patrick.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm glad you got it working.

To find the corresponding entries in /PERSOS/CONTCHNG for a flavor and a particular screen, first you have to go to /PERSOS/FLAVOR, find your flavor (by name/transaction code), get its flavor ID and read table /PERSOS/SCRNCHNG with this flavor ID. Pick the screen from the listed entries that you're interested in, and get the screen change ID from that entry. Then you can go to /PERSOS/CONTCHNG and get all individual changes for this screen using the screen change ID.

Since the flavor works now, of course you'll find such entries but I believe these were missing before the copy was redone.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Goto Admin (/persos/admin_ui) transaction and check if the flavour is under the same user id. Also check flavour gallery.

Also check the entries in the table /PERSOS/FLAVOR

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, the flavour is in my name (as is the other one) and is visible in the flavour gallery & the table referenced above.

Regards.

Patrick.