cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change TR Description on an loacally downloaded TR file?

maltesh0188
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an Transport Request file downloaded locally with co file and data file. I want to change the description of the TR before I could upload to any system. Is there any way to change it so...!?

Thanks

Malathesha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that the co file and data file are from some other system. You can't change anything now as the request is already released and hence can't be changed.

There are options which involves playing around with table E070 at database level which I won't suggest.

Copy the objects from this TR to a new TR and then you should be able to change the description.

Thanks

Amit

maltesh0188
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeha thats not possible I did the same way...! Anyway thanks Amit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Malathesha,

there is a way to change modification for released Transport. this is not recommended but if TR is not imported to any system you could do this.

this can be done in two ways.

Method 1:

go to E070 give transport number in TRKORR and execute it.

once you get TR number in data browser, double click on Transport number, which leads to Table E070 Display for that Transport.

what actually we should do here is change status (TRSTATUS) from released to modifiable. so go to debugging mode by hitting '/h' in tcode box.

once u enter debbuging mode of Table display, scroll down or search for  "if code='SHOW'"

then double click on code and change from SHOW to EDIT and hit enter key.

once done press f8

now TRSTATUS can be changed from 0 to D and save it. now transport will be reverted back to modifiable. please go and change description of transport from there.

Method 2:

goto SE38 run report RDDIT076

provide released TR number

you will see TR status changed from released to modifiable.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Bala

maltesh0188
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Yes I could have done it with lot other simple options If I had option to play around in SAP system. But TRS are on my desktop I have downloaded them. So there was no way I could re-download by renaming them. So I did the upload in to an fresh system and re-created TRs with proper description.

Even I feel there is no way to change anything after it is in local system and as @

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malathesha,

Now that you've exported the transport, it sits in two physical files at the O/S.  There isn't really a safe way to start hacking the file.  So you are advised to go with Amit's suggestion to create a new transport and include in it the objects from your first transport.

Regards,

Graham