cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebRFC Failed - no obvious reason - please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys - starting to go a bit mad with this ... I've had this RFC working but I've made a few changes and now it doesn't work. Part of the change was to add in the random number parameter to ensure a non-cached result.

The function module works from SE37 & when called directly from a browser.

Even when I take the random parameter back out again it still doesn't work ... maybe I've nudged something else out of whack but I've looked and looked and can't see a problem.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks.

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer was that the out string was not formatted properly and was coming back into Personas in a truncated state (but it looked ok in SE37 and the browser)  ...

Thanks for taking the time to respond guys.

As an aside - the error logs could be a little more helpful with this kind of things I would've thought - we spent a lot of time flapping around in the dark over this.

Thanks again.

Patrick.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manukapur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Type in a javascript alert and check what is getting passed in the variables before calling the webrfc.

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

My first step in debugging these is to take the URL from the script and paste it into a browser directly, with appropriate substitutions. If that fails then there's likely an issue with the function itself - try testing it in SE37 in SAPgui. If you can call it directly in the browser but not via a Personas script then the most common problem there is that the JSON return value isn't formatted properly - check for all the necessary punctuation, properly nested, with matching quotes, brackets, etc.

Does that help? If not, let me know what happens with those tests and I'll try again

Steve.