cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Job Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are getting below error while executing sync job GRAC_REPOSITORY_OBJECT_SYNC in full sync mode and we are in GRC 10.1 SP06.

Error:

Error in RFC; 'The Open SQL command is too large.'

Role sync failed with errors

SLG1 Error:

Retrieving Role Range

Error in RFC; 'The Open SQL command is too large.'

Updating excluded objects

Updating last execution timestamp

Role sync failed with errors

We are getting dump in ECC system SAPSQL_STMNT_TOO_LARGE

81 *  IF it_incl_role IS NOT INITIAL.

82   IF lt_incl_role IS NOT INITIAL.

>>>>>     SELECT agr_name parent_agr FROM agr_define        "#EC CI_SGLSELECT

84           INTO TABLE lt_derived

85 *           WHERE agr_name IN it_incl_role

86           WHERE agr_name IN lt_incl_role

87              AND ( change_dat GE iv_update_date  OR

88                  ( create_dat GE iv_update_date AND change_dat = '00000000'  ) ).

89   ELSE.

Will there be any issue in number of roles query is trying to fetch ??

Anyone faced similar kind of issue, input on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you add asterisk to role selection or list a heap of roles? What is your selection inputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

We don't see any option for role selection, we have only connector field as input in this sync job.

SPRO -> Governance, Risk and Compliance -> Access Control ->

Synchronization Jobs -> Repository Object Synch

Alternatively you can use transaction GRAC_REP_OBJ_SYNC

Thanks!!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinothkumar

Sorry, in seeing the code excerpt I wrongly assumed there was selection for the role names. Are you able to look at the Role Sync program only to see if provides it (I don't think it does). Sorry, I have no GRC system to check myself

How many roles do you have in the plug-in system (check via a count of records in AGR_DEFINE table? Are there a heap of derived roles? The error is implying that there is too much data for the internal table.

As this is 10.x and it seems like you are on a higher SP have you looked at marketplace to see if there are any known issues or corrective notes?

As this is SAP standard, unless there is already a note out there I suspect you will need to raise a customer incident

Finally, what basis and plug-in release/SP is the plug-in (ECC) system on as this is where the error is occurring?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Yes we suspect the same, since we have around 50000 role count in Plug-in (ECC) system.

We tried in marketplace, couldn't find any corrective Notes for this issue and have already raised incident to SAP and waiting for there reply.

We have below Plug-in ECC system with same level SP 06.

GRCPINW

GRCPIERP

Have attached detailed Dump error msg and looks like issue in number of roles  which query is trying to fetch.

81 *  IF it_incl_role IS NOT INITIAL.

82   IF lt_incl_role IS NOT INITIAL.

>>>>>     SELECT agr_name parent_agr FROM agr_define        "#EC CI_SGLSELECT

84           INTO TABLE lt_derived

85 *           WHERE agr_name IN it_incl_role

86           WHERE agr_name IN lt_incl_role

87              AND ( change_dat GE iv_update_date  OR

88                  ( create_dat GE iv_update_date AND change_dat = '00000000'  ) ).

89   ELSE.

Any input on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Vinoth Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue resolved.

SAP has given below note for this issue.

Note:  2063384 - Exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB caught during Role sync or during Repository sync

Thanks!!.

Regards,

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

checking the note I just noticed that it is still not released.

Do you know the reason ?

We are on GRC10.1 SP07 and facing huge problems with this issue, as all the roles are no longer updated in table GRACRLCONN.

We have the situation that the roles from PFCG can be imported to GRC and are populated in table GRACROLE, but there is no corresponding entry in table GRACRLCONN

thank you

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

I just checked and can see this note available in market place, if not please raise this to SAP and get it.

Sync job completed successfully??

Thanks!!

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

thank you for your quick response..

However I am still not able to download the note via SNOTE.

Sync jobs are all completing but during role sync there is a dump in the plugin system and the roles are not updated at all in table GRACRLCONN.

As am having access to several GRC Systems with the latest patches installed I am wondering if there may be a typo in your answer..

Is is really no. 2063384 ? If yes would you please attach the header data to verify...

thank you

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Please see the screenshot .

How many roles you have in your environment, due to huge count this issue may occur while sync.

Thanks!!

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

we implemented the note manually and the dump was gone..thank you for your support..highly appreciated.

We have an environment of aprox. 10000 roles. During Sync I noticed that the GRC system also pulled deleted roles from the backend with retrieving obsolete role data from CDHDR/CDPOS tables. Are the change log parameters (1001, etc.) in the GRC configuration table the trigger to stop this or is there another setting necassary to avoid this redundant load ?

thanyk you

Johannes

Answers (0)