cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with IDOC: Illegal type of handler encountered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are trying to send IDOCs (Z IDOC, own developed) from a SAP ECC System to a SAP PI (7.31, Java only) but there is a strange behavior.

When we send the IDOC from a report or the test tool WE19 the system runs on an error in SM58

The error message is

(Error message: Rollback fault: Illegal type of handler encountered: class com.sun.proxy.)

When we do now a restart within SM58 everything runs without any issues, the IDOC is gone and received within in SAP PI.

Has anybody an idea what can be the problem? Has it something to do with foreground and background processing? Is it possible that there is a problem by building the IDOC?

cheers,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Can you check if incorrect data format is not filled in the Idoc fields? Like characters/special characters in numeric fields or lengths exceeding the defined length etc.

Regards

Varun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your answers I did an additional test.

1. I prepared an IDOC with a minimum of fields, an send the message in WE19

2. SM58 – no error

3. IDOC received in PI

The Error occurred as a needed segment for the receiver determination has been
    deleted in my reduced test idoc.

Result: Problem is based in the IDOC content. So I will concentrate on the segment values.

Thanks to all.

cheers,
Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Have a look at the link below. Might help you. Can you please also check the cache and maybe give the system a restart?

My guess is that the other IDocs are still working?

http://benxbrain.com/en/index.do?onInputProcessing(brai_object_thread)&001_threadid=0003207949&001_b...

Regards,

Jannus Botha