cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in opening ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I opened ESR and IB once. The second time it shouldn't take time right?

Whenever I open ESR or IB it's taking lots of time to open. It takes as much time as it took during the first time

I also noticed one strange thing. The downloads folder of my laptop is getting filled with jnlp files, repository, repository1, repository2 ..like that. I also can see directory, directory1, directory2 like that. I never saw this in my previous XI systems.

It's a single stack 7.3 PI and whenever I click on ESR or ID, it again asks do you want to save or open file.

Is single stack always taking time ?

The problem happens in SPROXT Transaction from ECC also. I click on SWCV it takes ages before I see SWCVs in ESR

How to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you open you ESR and ID, then next time go to

Control Panel-> Programs->java..... in that under General tab->Temporary Internet Files-> Click VIEW

If you can see entry for ESR and ID the it is cached and even then it is taking time means the BANDWIDTH to your system and server system is too less..

the main file "client.jar" is around 10mb in single stack and it takes sometimes 8 to 10 minutes o average for me to open them.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to single stack totally.

I see lots of downladed repository and directory JNLP files in my downloads folder. I never used to get this in dual stack.

What should I have to select, only "open" or "save and open" when the initial pop up comes when I click on ESB or ID?

I don't remember getting this option in dual stack

It takes about ten to twelve minutes for me to open ESB. ID, I can open in seven to eight minutes.

If I want to open up these two in my home net connection what Is the minimum internet speed that I require?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

try installing Java 7 and if it ask to OPEN WITH check with opening javawebstart it will work.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen

The java of ESB and ID should be compatible with java 7, no?

The java version of ESB is 1.6.0_45

so can I use 7 java?

see the pop up I get when I click on bth ESB and ID. does it mean the java webstart Is outdated program? why do I have get this error?

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try uninstalling and installing JavaWebstart.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try this

Pop up error message : "If you don't trust this website, do not open this program."

I am also having same issue and I solved this issue by setting below options in my browser ( I am using Mozilla Firefox browser)

Tools-->options-->security-->Exceptions-->add your IB url

please try this

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

We faced the same issue, we installed the latest java version and enabled it in Java control panel, it worked for us.

Try to open from PI server and see if it is java / Bandwidth issue.

Check whether you are using the supported or latest java version.

As suggested by Vikas go to temprary internet files and delete them.

Java control pannel --> Java --> see whether the compatible java version is enabled or not..

If everything is in place then it should be bandwidth problem --> contact your Basis team to perform bandwidth / Server tuning.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachika,

I think the problem is the files downloaded are not being cached. You should to check your java options, also the problem could be in your laptop configuration, check this links:

distribution - Java Web Start always caches JNLP file on Windows XP - Stack Overflow

Where is the jar files cached for Java Web Start/JNLP applications? - Stack Overflow

Hope this helps.

REgards.