cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can we specify that whether a product requires license or not in SAP GTS System i.e. whether a product is relevant for license assignment or not .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please help me in understanding the below concepts .

1. Where can we specify that whether a product requires  license or not  in SAP GTS System i.e. whether a product is relevant for license assignment or not .

1. What is meant by Peculiarity code . How can we create and where can we assign these to products .

1. How can we define control group and where can we assign the control group to the products .

Thank you for your time and help in this regard .

Rama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I'll try not to give you direct answer so that you can check certain things on your own.

1. Where can we specify that whether a product requires  license or not  in SAP GTS System i.e. whether a product is relevant for license assignment or not .

This depends on the Control settings for your legal regulation. In your control settings for legal regulation, if the product master maintenance is "A"- Then all your products will require license when that particular legal regulation becomes applicable for your trade transaction.

If the product master maintenance is "B"- Your products will require license only when the Individual maintenance check box is checked in the product master for a particular legal regulation.

1. What is meant by Peculiarity code . How can we create and where can we assign these to products .

For some special products, customs can give us a special classification tag with Peculiarity codes. If your company deals with such kind of products, then you will have activate Peculiarity codes in the control settings for legal regulation. After activation, you will have to create it under Master data of Compliance section(GTS Area menu). Just try checking this yourself.

1. How can we define control group and where can we assign the control group to the products .

If your company deals with products/control classes that fall under same export/import process. You can group those into a single control grouping. You can create a control grouping for similar kind of products and assign those to your product master. License determination will happen based on control grouping. Activate it in control settings and for maintenance you will find this under Master data of Compliance section(GTS Area menu). Just try checking this yourself.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan

Please correct me if I am wrong.

So if we want license should work for individual product then in addition to Selecting Option "B" (control settings for legal regulation) also we should select Individual Maintenance option available in Legal Control tab of the product master.

Thanks

Akhil..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diliphan,

Thank you so much for your explanation ..

As advised by you I will check the setting and take your help if required .

Sri Rama